'13 FL RB Derrick Henry (Bama commit)

That's true, but I can't remember a better combo than Cobb and Webb. Green and Henry would get us back to that level of smash-mouth, can't do anything about it, running attack.

Then you throw in the distinct possibility of Bray, Hunter and CP coming back...along with the freshman WR's we have this year and Paul Harris (2013 commit)? Like Eli says...it's gonna be on like Donkey Kong!

Im only 33 and I remember cobb and webb.They were great. One two punch.Really hope we can get RBs like them again. It was back in the day when we always had good to great backs.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol. TP passes the eye test. He has the physical attributes, too. But, good grief, that guy can't find holes (cue silly comment), and he is easily tackled.

Lol. TP passes the eye test. He has the physical attributes, too. But, good grief, that guy can't find holes (cue silly comment), and he is easily tackled.

He was a Vol through and through, and stuck with this program during the toughest years and I thank him for that.

Reactions: 5 people
I will defend Poole with the fact that he was a VFL. He didn't quit. But he wasn't the hardest runner straight up the field. He had his troubles.

About Henry;

So looking good? Haven't been around.

I will defend Poole with the fact that he was a VFL. He didn't quit. But he wasn't the hardest runner straight up the field. He had his troubles.

About Henry;

All we can do now is hold our breath and wait for him to announce on Thursday

About Henry;

Agreed I love TP as a person too. To come in under Fulmer, go through kiffin, waiting his time behind Hardesty, and then finally get his shot under Dooley. He wasn't exactly delt the best hand but still made the best out of it because he is in the league now

I like TP as much as the next person, but we're talking about his ability on the field, and it wasn't good enough. Absolutely no disrespect intended.

Reactions: 2 people
Good news

Actually probably bad news for UT. Not sure what happened, but yesterday prior to visit UA he was interviewed by ESPN. That how his UA visit went would determine if he committed on Thursday. If not he may push it back and take an OV to UGA. Somehow UGA moved back up.

So per ESPN:

Derrick Henry update
ESPN 150 RB Derrick Henry may not be announcing this Thursday after all. I talked to him yesterday, and he told me he may push his decision back so he can take an official visit to Georgia. It sounds like the Bulldogs may be back in the picture. Henry said it all depends on how his official visit to Tuscaloosa goes this weekend. He flew in this morning. If all goes well, he could still pull the trigger for the Tide next week.

:hi:

Henry has had multiple chances to commit to Bama and does not seem able to pull the trigger. I am beginning to suspect he does not trust the Bama staff.

I would think he doubts if he will get a real shot at RB at Bama and is trying to figure that whole ordeal out. We do not look very good at all, and alot of top players are not interested in losing for 3-4 years. UGA is in the hunt for the SEC title and playing well. His 1st love was UGA which would make sense as he was a UGA commit for quite a while. I just don't like our chances with Henry now. He seems to be seeking out somewhere else to go and the Bama "move him to LB talk" has him 2nd guessing that option. He may very well end up back with Georgia.

Really, Bama would take him regardless of trust. So that does not make sense.

Many sites reported he tried to commit in June on his visit so we will see. And really not sure what trust has to do with it unless we are talking about post from rivals fans who love to speculate as to why things happen. But speculation is what makes recruiting fun.:hi:

I would think he doubts if he will get a real shot at RB at Bama and is trying to figure that whole ordeal out. We do not look very good at all, and alot of top players are not interested in losing for 3-4 years. UGA is in the hunt for the SEC title and playing well. His 1st love was UGA which would make sense as he was a UGA commit for quite a while. I just don't like our chances with Henry now. He seems to be seeking out somewhere else to go and the Bama "move him to LB talk" has him 2nd guessing that option. He may very well end up back with Georgia.

The only talk of moving him to LB comes from rival coaches and rival fans. All UA has told him is he will get 1st shot to play RB if that did not work out another position on offense. No where has Henry ever said that UA was looking at him for D. But he has said UA will give him a shot at RB and if that did not work out he was fine moving. If Henry only wants to play RB no matter what than go to a school selling him on only that. Atleast UA was honest with him.

It's been said several times by homer Bama bandwagon fans, but unfortunately that doesn't hold a lot of weight. Proof will be the 4 years he ends up at Bama mired down in a depth chart where he will make small contributions while constantly being promised he will have his time. If does indeed pick Bama, I hope he enjoys being one of many as opposed to being someone part of turning a once proud program around. Again, enjoy your new LBer.

Yeah u r right, im a homer Bama bandwagon fan. We will just overlook the fact that I live in AL and have said I would rather have the local kid Racean Thomas next year. Several UT fans, as well as some of the guys on this site think he is committing to Bama. The kid has also said who he favors. Apparently the kid has confidence in himself to beat the other guys out, if not, he will move to another position. Henry said in an interview that Saban told him he would switched if things didnt work out. If Henry shows he is a stud at RB wherever he goes, he wont have to worry about switching positions.

Thank you for overlooking all the facts to come to that conclusion. nice job.

VN Store

Back