Question for Freak, Moderators, and VN Guru's.....

Have you taken the time to actually watch them play over the last 2 seasons? They are an 8 win team tops. Do you really think our ceiling should be less than that?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

LOL, we won 11 games the last two seasons, why would you expect us to beat them? Point is, teams change year over year. They got better, so did we.

FWIW Driskoll was the number 1 QB in his class -- only a matter of time before he had a breakout game --- oh wait Palardy and Darr were number in thier class also

We know Bray can punt, can he place kick too?

Did you watch this years game or not?

The defense was out of position on all the big plays.

UT wins easy if the D can line up and the O stops play faking to phantoms and receivers run the right routes.

We did not lose because we were out athleted.

Oh, you mean the D should have been in the positions that the coaches diagrammed for them and the O runs the plays like they are drawn up and called.....and here I thought that the coaches lost the game.

The players not knowing what to do is on the coaches. You have not made a legitimate point yet.

LOL, I think you have your leagues confused. The time for the coaches being on the field with the players making sure they are lined up ends at about 6 years old.

Do you think Louisiana Monroe has better athletes than Arkansas or Auburn?????

So you think ULM has better coaches than two SEC schools? Think about it! That falls on the players thinking they are just going to walk all over a Sunbelt team! These kids are 18-22 years old...They make mistakes and act like kids!

Go back and watch the second halves Florida, Bama, LSU, UGA, Arky and Kentucky games from last year. That will be all you need to know.

We had no qb no rb and a wr that was gettin doubled and triple covered all year last year,that makes it a lil bit of a difference when u play 4 top five teams back to back and ur filling depth with high school players,we r just now buildin a team with a lil bit of depth and muschump took over a winning program thats had a top 10 recruiting class for probaly 10-12 years I would say that has a lil somethin to do with it too.Bottom line it takes than 2 years to make a high school team like we had and turn it into a SEC champ contenders,we have came a long way but we r gettin there, and maybe just maybe florida actually played a hell of a game last night i thoght they looked like a top 5 school last night and tenn hung in tough but we still lack some good depth on D and they were flat beat down at the end.And coach chaneys great play callin didnt help them any I do believe he is our biggest prob with this team no matter how u do it,the shotgun or pistol r not a runnin formation and bray had pressure on him all game and he kept calling for plays that took to long to develop and made floridas job alot easier by goin into his one demential pass offense just like florida knew he would,he played right into thier hands.With that said its a long season and our players wanted to win that game more than anybody they r hurt by this loss way more than any of us,and instead of sayin that suck after they lose one game to a good team OUR TEAM NEEDS OUR SUPPORT MORE THAN EVER THATS WHAT TRUE FANS DO FOR THIER TEAM NO MATTER WHAT GBO!!!!!!

Now that right there folks, is exactly why we are in the shape we are in. Too many fans blindly supporting people who obviously cannot get it done. We are Tennessee, damn it! We should demand excellence! Instead, if anyone comes along and wears some orange pants, we got to love him, results be damned.

Bravo Doyle. Bravo.

"We don't got no $**&%$%& coach! We don't need to **'%$@#%% practice, Randy!"

So you think ULM has better coaches than two SEC schools? Think about it! That falls on the players thinking they are just going to walk all over a Sunbelt team! These kids are 18-22 years old...They make mistakes and act like kids!

Why not?? All coaches start somewhere....They were better preparred.....

I just don't think they have THAT much better athletes....

Sunbelt walk overs two weeks in a row.. Don't think so.

BTW these 18-22 year olds are playing 18-22 year olds..

They had better athletes and more speed! Plain and simple! We had guys in poistion to make plays and they didn't come through! It is really simple if you take off the orange tinted glasses! We have been domianted by FLA for a long time! Why woud you think it was going to change...until we actually beat them we can't expect to win! The coaches had people in postion but our student athletes didn't make the plays and the FLA student athletes did! END of story. Stop trying to over analyze this...

What the.....? Brilliant logic right there, folks. smh....

We should fire our coach because that is what all Vol fans say we should do. The troll our out in full force today. I hate to say but you are probably going to get flamed for posting this.

It's ignorant. It should get flamed.

I did watch the game albeit with a fist full of whiskey!

Defense was in position but didn't execute...they just missed tackels and got and FLA's speed severely exposed those mistakes

We only scored 20 points...its not like we put up 50!

Recievers running the right routes is on the players...

Its like you are making all my points fpor me! Thank you I was affraid I was going to have to really defend my statment!!!

Not trying to be mean, but you have no clue about football if you think our D was in position. We had ZERO contain on the edge- a consistent problem- particularly on our defensive left side. We didn't stay in our pass rush lanes allowing the QB to escape and scramble outside for big gains time and time again. We didn't defend the option for sh!t. We either had no one on QB or the back all night. Sometimes we didn't have anyone on either. These are BASIC defensive principles. We acted like we'd never heard of them. Quit trying to know what you're talking about when it's obvious that you don't. You are embarrassing yourself.

If you know anything about football they in the right sets but being out of position/not proprerly recting to the play is on the players...they didn't adjust! Not saying you don't know anything about football! Just saying I don't think the play calling on either side of the ball was the problem! We simply got beat by a team of better athletes! Would you not agree?

I AM saying that you have no clue about defensive football. It's glaringly obvious. Stop digging. You are in a deep enough hole.

No. I don't agree. Our rush defense was absolutely atrocious because NOBODY set the corner on either side of the defense but particularly the left side of our defense. That is coaching. We abandoned the running game the entire second half. That is coaching. We continuously ran the same deep pass routes over and over again despite the fact that Florida was consistently taking away the deep ball. That is coaching. Our players once again quit in the 4th quarter. That is coaching.

You beat me to it.

Since you guys are the smartest ones on VN, Can you give your synopsis of the game? What do you think the season will look like? I'm tired of hearing how much we were out-coached and how we should fire Dooley. I need some intelligence for the day.

Gurus are the smartest ones? Rexvol is a guru:crazy:

Should consider a move to ACC like Ga Tech. Could be a stud in that conference. The only other option is to fire Dooley.
BEWARE--- Akron will be ready. Book it. The blood is in the water.

Well put coming from someone that makes no logical points... I blamed the players... Who would you blame for the loss since you seem to be the expert?

I am fairly well versed. A coach is responsible for what happens on the field. Period. If they don't like that fact, don't coach. Your points about being in position shows you are talking out of your rear. There's no technique- coach's job. We played undisciplined football rather than setting the edge- coach's job. We didn't play our assignments- coach's job. We didn't take good pursuit angles- coach's job. It is the coaching staff's job to teach and makes sure these things happen. The fact that they occurred time and time again shows several things- all bad. 1. They weren't prepared to defend the play. 2. We aren't disciplined enough to do our personal job and rely on your teammates to do theirs. I'm not going deeper. I can go all day on that. You obviously know nothing about defensive schemes/responsibilities/techniques. Hard to have a discussion with someone that has no idea about the subject and with the agenda of defending coaches come hell or high water.

Coaches are responsible for what their players do or do not do, and they get paid well for that. If they don't like that, they need to quit and do something where they work by themselves.

Not trying to be mean, but you have no clue about football if you think our D was in position. We had ZERO contain on the edge- a consistent problem- particularly on our defensive left side. We didn't stay in our pass rush lanes allowing the QB to escape and scramble outside for big gains time and time again. We didn't defend the option for sh!t. We either had no one on QB or the back all night. Sometimes we didn't have anyone on either. These are BASIC defensive principles. We acted like we'd never heard of them. Quit trying to know what you're talking about when it's obvious that you don't. You are embarrassing yourself.

Well put coming from someone that makes no logical points... I blamed the players... Who would you blame for the loss since you seem to be the expert?

Sounds pretty logical to me.... Better than saying we just don't have the speed and talent.....

VN Store

Back