Bryce Brown to Eagles

It's a 7th round draft pick. How big a gamble could it possibly be?

Eagles lose R. Brown & probably McCoy which leaves them Dion Lewis and now BB. With a suspect running game, why go with a guy like BB when there were at least two proven backs out there who graded higher than BB?

Eagles lose R. Brown & probably McCoy which leaves them Dion Lewis and now BB. With a suspect running game, why go with a guy like BB when there were at least two proven backs out there who graded higher than BB?

McCoy is still on contract and will get a new one this year. Dion Lewis will be the second RB.......my money is on Andy Reid to know talent and he really wanted BB late.

Crazy to think brown gets drafted before janzen.

What he played one season as a freshmen. Never really played at k state.

Its like he got drafted out of high school.

Free agency was janzen's best chance to begin with, IMO. It's hard to draft a guy and waste money on someone who can't stay out of trouble.

McCoy is still on contract and will get a new one this year. Dion Lewis will be the second RB.......my money is on Andy Reid to know talent and he really wanted BB late.

McCoy's contract ends this season, Eagles will not pay what he wants to return, so I'm not counting on him returning.

But BB was a 7th rounder and their 9th pick so it maybe was worth the risk.

McCoy's contract ends this season, Eagles will not pay what he wants to return, so I'm not counting on him returning.

But BB was a 7th rounder and their 9th pick so it maybe was worth the risk.
They will pay McCoy......Jackson's and his contract was the main reason Samuel was dealt away for so cheap

Brown might be a taxi squad - practice player but it is hard to imagine he will make it beyond the first cut - if he even made it past the first practice in pads.

At least he will get to see an NFL camp up close and see what reality is at the top level. He squandered an opportunity at a college education and is down to his last few weeks of the fantasy world he seems to live in.

I am amazed he was drafted by an NFL team after his flameout at K-State.

Brown might be a taxi squad - practice player but it is hard to imagine he will make it beyond the first cut - if he even made it past the first practice in pads.

At least he will get to see an NFL camp up close and see what reality is at the top level. He squandered an opportunity at a college education and is down to his last few weeks of the fantasy world he seems to live in.

I am amazed he was drafted by an NFL team after his flameout at K-State.

only a miracle gets BB past the final cut.

Graded higher by who? Not by the ones writing the checks. Someone mentioned Gerald Jones. The difference is talent. Brown has it but has to figure out if he wants to be a football player.

Reactions: 1 person
Any pick in the draft is considered valuable.As I said it is a bit of a gamble....IMO

I can see your point. That said, BB does have all the potential in the world. Not a bad pick IMO if they have had communication with him and feel like he will put in work.

Will be interesting to see the BB transformation. If he isn't in top shape and mentally ready to play, then it will be a very short summer for him. I'd say this is his one and only NFL shot because if as a 7th round pick he fails, very slim chances of anyone taking him after that short of a great pre-season performance. And he will need to catch and block in addition to running which didn't happen much at UT and virtually nothing to show at K-State.

IF Bryce has his head on straight and puts 100% into this, he has the talent to be a very good RB in the NFL. Whether he has the determination is yet to be determined, but you all act like it's some shocker that he was drafted. He has the skills.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

McCoy's new money will come from Samuels contract.

If he can play special teams, he can make the roster. Dude will play with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove some people wrong

and they don't run the NFL Combine either.

My point was each team has evaluators and opinions. The grading you linked is NFL Network. Are you saying that is an official grade that all are in agreement. Mayock, Mcshay and Kiper are entertaining and provide great insight but they do not have to pay the players.

I have no idea if he will make the cut, thats all on him and with his past I wouldnt bet on him putting in the effort, but who knows other than him. He has tremendous upside and for a late 7th round pick, there are a ton up possible positives and not many negatives with the pick. This is a patented Andy Reid "Im smarter than you" late round pick. My money is on Andy in this situation to know what he is doing.

If he can play special teams, he can make the roster. Dude will play with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove some people wrong

No he won't. He's as soft as they come, which was evident at UT and Kansas and was also why he couldn't stand up to his dad. He has a ton of talent and seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't have the mental toughness to make this happen.

You know him personally Dave? Just curious. I am a Skins fan and Philly is the last place I wanted to see BB go. He is an athlete

BB looked pretty good catching screen passes and thats something Philly does pretty well

My point was each team has evaluators and opinions. The grading you linked is NFL Network. Are you saying that is an official grade that all are in agreement. Mayock, Mcshay and Kiper are entertaining and provide great insight but they do not have to pay the players.

NFL combine grades are made from measurable drills (workout and position)...they are what they are. But none of the guys you mentioned are doing the grading at the combine, as you said they are there for the entertainment value nothing more.

Teams look for value in the late rounds not sure Eagles will find any with BB. Will he be a bust? Not sure you can ever call a 6 or 7 rounder a bust. Maybe he will be another Foster who knows.

Personal opinion is Eagles needed a RB and should have picked one in rounds 2-3. jmo

VN Store

Back