Janzen Jackson to Ravens 60th overall

Ray Lewis kills people when they get out of line. Have you heard his locker room speech during halftime of the NCAA tournament. RIDICULOUS!! ED and Ray would break him if he did not submit.

He may be, doesn't excuse the choices he has made in life. If Janzen were my son, I sure wouldn't want Ray Lewis giving him life advice. On the other hand, whoever has been giving him life advice so far hasn't done too well either.

What do any of your points have to do with reality? The original comment was if Ray Lewis and Ed Reed can't keep him in line, noone can, and I'd say that's a very sensible statement. It's unlikely that JJ would look Ray Lewis in the eye and tell him to eff-off, 'because I heard you had some off-field issues of your own'.

Now, I take 'keeping him in line' to mean, approximately, 'keeping him from doing something stupid that will keep him off the field'. You seem to take it as meaning that they will teach JJ to be a mild, good-mannered upstanding citizen with impeccable manners and politeness - a pillar of the community. That was never implied nor imagined in the original statement.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that Ray Lewis has a questionable past and might not be up for some sweet, kind citizen of the year award. But that's totally irrelevant to the original conversation.

If anything, Lewis having a questionable past and threatening demeanor bolsters the suppostion that he could alter a teammate's behavior if he so desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Oh I have sinned. I am not disagreeing that Ray Lewis might have changed his life around. I am saying I wouldn't want JJ to follow that path, its not been a smoothe one.

I guess Ray Lewis can say, "look, I was a young idiot like you, don't follow my path".

So I guess I can agree with Groves, that approach may work.

Typically a good mentor is one who can relate. Ray can relate.

Yeah, JJ literally cost himself $12-15 million with his off field issues. I sure hope that Da'Rick has noted that little fact.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol. JJ will be an irrelevant figure in the history of the NFL.
This coming from the person who says Da'Rick leaving the team would be a net gain...yeah ok. Same things were said about Arian Foster. How has that turned out?

What do any of your points have to do with reality? The original comment was if Ray Lewis and Ed Reed can't keep him in line, noone can, and I'd say that's a very sensible statement. It's unlikely that JJ would look Ray Lewis in the eye and tell him to eff-off, 'because I heard you had some off-field issues of your own'.

Now, I take 'keeping him in line' to mean, approximately, 'keeping him from doing something stupid that will keep him off the field'. You seem to take it as meaning that they will teach JJ to be a mild, good-mannered upstanding citizen with impeccable manners and politeness - a pillar of the community. That was never implied nor imagined in the original statement.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that Ray Lewis has a questionable past and might not be up for some sweet, kind citizen of the year award. But that's totally irrelevant to the original conversation.

If anything, Lewis having a questionable past and threatening demeanor bolsters the suppostion that he could alter a teammate's behavior if he so desired.

My point was Ray Lewis couldn't keep himself out of trouble, what makes one think he can keep JJ out of trouble?

He can't force him to listen. He can only talk to him. So telling him he gonna put a foot in his a@@ may not do a thing. JJ may very well tell him to take a hike, he has basically done that to everyone else that has tried.

My point was Ray Lewis couldn't keep himself out of trouble, what makes one think he can keep JJ out of trouble?

He can't force him to listen. He can only talk to him. So telling him he gonna put a foot in his a@@ may not do a thing. JJ may very well tell him to take a hike, he has basically done that to everyone else that has tried.

Ray was acquitted and has worked hard to restore his name. People can find redemption. I also think JJ getting kicked off the team was a wake up call for him.

andre_vippolis2.jpg

He may be, doesn't excuse the choices he has made in life. If Janzen were my son, I sure wouldn't want Ray Lewis giving him life advice. On the other hand, whoever has been giving him life advice so far hasn't done too well either.

You need to get over this holier than thou bull****. I'd much rather talk to a guy that's actually made some bad decisions and overcome them and learn how he overcame them than to listen to somebody whose spent their entire life in the damn library that ain't got a clue how to properly wipe their own ass.

This coming from the person who says Da'Rick leaving the team would be a net gain...yeah ok. Same things were said about Arian Foster. How has that turned out?

I said JH is much better than DR and that DR piles up meaningless stats. Where did I say his leaving would be a net gain?

First time I have started a thread on VN. Thought this was interesting and figured I would share. Saw a 2nd round mock draft on NFL.com and this Bucky Brooks guy has Jackson going 60th overall to the Ravens, that is by far the highest I have seen Jackson projected. I highly doubt he will go anywhere near that I just thought I would post it for everyone to see or laugh at.

Second-round mock draft: Fleener, Osweiler still available - NFL.com

What part of Jersey you live in?

I said JH is much better than DR and that DR piles up meaningless stats. Where did I say his leaving would be a net gain?
"If he acttuly leaves it will probably be a good thing for this team."

Your words including the misspelling.

You need to get over this holier than thou bull****. I'd much rather talk to a guy that's actually made some bad decisions and overcome them and learn how he overcame them than to listen to somebody whose spent their entire life in the damn library that ain't got a clue how to properly wipe their own ass.

Haha, you mad? I said I have sinned, where you getting this holier than thou stuff? I don't think he is a role model, that's my take. Get off the soap box.

I'm not sure why the op hates JJ so much he played hard for us and was a hell of a player just because he smokes weed we should want him to fail? Not me i don't care if he smokes hell a ton of people smoke nowadays. Educate yourself.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back