Official Nashville Predators Thread

If they continue their downward spiral, and lose tonight, we can probably assume we end up as the 6th seed.

Pack the arena and beat the Wild!

And after the win, Freeman needs to be seen giving Leopold a "Bud Adams" salute.

We definitely got the better end of that ownership change. Bet it makes him sick to see the arena packed every night.

My step-brother who is a casual fan said "now I know why all the fuss about the Russian". My thinking as of today, let suter walk, tie up Weber and Rads.

My step-brother who is a casual fan said "now I know why all the fuss about the Russian". My thinking as of today, let suter walk, tie up Weber and Rads.

As many sellouts as they have had, plus the playoff home games are all pocketed
by owners, tie them both up.

Not to mention the revenue sharing.

Great game last night. Rads shootout goal was disgusting. His hand and wrist speed is out of this world. Lindback was clutch. Needed that one for home ice. Really need to win out.

I guess I have no choice but to be a huge St. Louis fan for the remainder of the season. Hope the nucks choke! I'd rather meet St. Louis by far in the 2nd round than Canadia.

Actually, screw home ice. I'm on the 6 seed bandwagon. We're only 1 game up on Chicago, in the 6 seed.

LA and then St. Louis, or Chicago/Detroit and then Vancouver? Yeah, I'll take the 6 seed, please.

But, that would mean we'd have to lose out. And since I know they're not gonna throw the games, that would mean entering the playoffs on a cold streak.... Tough call, but I'd rather face LA on a 2 game losing streak than Chicago/Detroit on a 3 game winning streak.

4th seed by no means guarantees Vancouver in the second round. I'd bet the 6 seed will beat whoever is 3rd. That would match 4th with 2nd. But I actually think we match up with Vancouver alright this year. Better than last year at least, and we gave them all they wanted then.

Actually, screw home ice. I'm on the 6 seed bandwagon. We're only 1 game up on Chicago, in the 6 seed.

LA and then St. Louis, or Chicago/Detroit and then Vancouver? Yeah, I'll take the 6 seed, please.

But, that would mean we'd have to lose out. And since I know they're not gonna throw the games, that would mean entering the playoffs on a cold streak.... Tough call, but I'd rather face LA on a 2 game losing streak than Chicago/Detroit on a 3 game winning streak.

Couldn't disagree more.

We play very well against Detroit and Chicago. Neither one of those teams want to see us in the 1st round. I've talked to fans of both teams recently at games and they say we are the last team they would want to see, FWIW.

Preds have not faired too well vs LA this year, its more off a toss up. They are a solid team with great goaltending and have really owned us at times this season. (2-2 vs Kings this season)

Also, Preds have more ROW (Regulation and Overtime Wins) than DET and CHI, so we have the tiebreaker if we were to finish tied in points and with either one of them. I think 2 more points by Preds might rule out the #6, with CHIs max points being 102.

Detroit has 3 tough games left. @ StL, NJ, CHI. They could easily come up with 2 or less of the 6 possible points.

Great chance to take the 4 slot and home ice. Nothing better than having game 1 and 2 in our barn.

The ideal matchup would be to see CHI in the first round in the 4/5 matchup, imo. Preds were 4-1-1 vs. Hawks this year. We are bigger, more physical, much better D, and far superior goaltending.

Nashville Predators Playoff Tracker - Nashville Predators - News

4th seed by no means guarantees Vancouver in the second round. I'd bet the 6 seed will beat whoever is 3rd. That would match 4th with 2nd. But I actually think we match up with Vancouver alright this year. Better than last year at least, and we gave them all they wanted then.

Okay, I get confused between all the postseason setups.

So NHL does the backwards way of seeding a division winner above a wildcard with a better point total, but does reseed between rounds. Whereas, NBA does the better way of seeding based on overall record, but does a fixed bracket?

Okay, I get confused between all the postseason setups.

So NHL does the backwards way of seeding a division winner above a wildcard with a better point total, but does reseed between rounds. Whereas, NBA does the better way of seeding based on overall record, but does a fixed bracket?

Division winners get top 3 seeds in NHL. I think in the NBA division winners can be no lower than 4?

Then in 2nd round they reseed so highest seed plays lowest.

Yeah, I knew the seeding setup in NHL. I didn't know that NBA division winners couldn't be seeded lower than 4th, but I get it, so that they can be guaranteed to get home court for round 1.

Yeah, I knew the seeding setup in NHL. I didn't know that NBA division winners couldn't be seeded lower than 4th, but I get it, so that they can be guaranteed to get home court for round 1.

I think they just changed to this recently, but I'm far from an NBA fan, so not positive. I just found out it was that way a few weeks ago. Good call on home court, makes sense.

Wish the NHL would do the same.

This organization absolutely has to find a way to lock Rads up long term. He is the most talented player on the ice most of the time.

Taken from hfboards.com (poster VFL615):

On Nashville radio this morning Trotz was asked several ?'s that have been up in the air on the board.

1. Trotz was asked what the chances are that Radulov is in a Preds Jersey next year. He said his gut feeling as a coach watching a young man that it is an extremely good chance that he is in a Preds jersey next year. He went on to say that he believes that he really fits in well will the guys on the team and that he has completed what he wanted to do in the KHL.

2. Trotz was asked what Colin Wilson has done or not done to not be in the lineup.
He said Colin Wilson is a very gifted player who is of the offensive mind. He said that Wilson has not played with the details of the game that he wants from him and freelances way to much. He went onto say that Wilson had not played well in the last 10 games he played before being hurt and that he was playing on borrowed time before the trade deadline because they did not have anyone else to take his spot. Said after the trade deadline and Radulovs return that they have a someone.

4. Trotz was asked about the lineups for the playoffs and who will be playing.
He said the top 9 forwards are set and Goose will be the center on the 4th line. He said the battles will be on the two wing positions and will be determined between (Toots, Yip, Smith, Halischuck) He went on to compliment Yip and how he is also able to use him on the penalty kill.

5. He was asked about the fight between the Pitt and Phi the other day. He said he did not have a problem with it and that if another player came at Peks during a t.v. timeout like in that situation he would expect the whole bench to empty and take care of business. He also went onto to say he expects his guys to stick up for each other and never let a player be outnumbered on the ice.

As many sellouts as they have had, plus the playoff home games are all pocketed
by owners, tie them both up.

Not to mention the revenue sharing.

I understand we will have the money, I just don't want to spend 6mil of it on Suter. I wouldn't hate havin him back... We are loaded at defense prospects/players and may need offensive addition or resigning this offseason

Last edited:

VN Store

Back