The official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss quarterfinal game thread, 7:30 pm, SEC network

Worst piece of officiating I've ever seen in all my years. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE A BASKETBALL BOUNCE OF A PLAYERS ****ING FACE!?!?!?!?!?

He was in the process of making the ****ing call as it bounced off that guys ****ing face!!!!

This is such bull****.

wouldn't be as bad if it were at a tough angle, or a call that could of gone either way, but that was right in front of the ref as blatant as could be. That ref just robbed these kids out of a chance to go to the tourney. It's a shame no other way to put it, as hard as they played for it to come down to that is a damn shame.

If I'm Cuonzo, I ask myself why I let ths team heave 30 threes when the entire Ole Miss team was in foul trouble the whole ****ING GAME! That's what i ask.

We may not have played well enough to "deserve" to win. But we sure as hell didn't "deserve" to have a blind a** ref make a ridiculous call without even opening his f***ing eyes and screw us. It's ridiculous that there is no recourse for a call that bad.:finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3:

It's disappointing that if you or I made such an egregious error that cost our employer lots of money (if UT makes the tourney that's extra loot for the SEC) we would just be flat out fired if not publicly humiliated.

However, he's a ref...I've never understood handling the officials with kid gloves. Hell, I'd be fired right away if I was a coach cause the first time something like this happened I'd downright berate that skank in front of God and everybody.

Am I the only one that thinks that the worst possible way to try and beat a zone is to make 2 or3 jump passes in a row and then take a contested 3 with nobody under the basket? When I played bball a jump pass was a ticket to the bench. You can bet whatever tournament we are in we will see zone defense til we can prove we figured out how to score on one....GBO

SO sick of our athletics programs getting **** on constantly by everyone from the media to the refs. This goes for basketball and football.

Music City Bowl which resulted in an NCAA rules change and now THIS. I'm ****ing sick.

Fantastic effort.

Your not gonna shoot 28 percent and win many games. Gotta find a way to score. The game changed when we got away from being aggressive on the offensive end with the ball. Shot selection was not as good and we didnt get to the line.

This team still needs a couple of keys pieces to get to where they need to be. But we have the foundation.

Just as I figured, we suck in the SEC tourney. We haven't done jack in this tourney in decades. We can be seeded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 11th or 12th. We usually end up spitting the bit.

Was on the road and saw Stokes had 11 boards and Maymon had 17 and it was a close game. That told me all I needed to know. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Oh well, on to the NIT. Had a golden chance and blew it. Maybe next year we'll get in. I think we might've gotten a little too full of ourselves after finishing 2nd in the SEC.

SO sick of our athletics programs getting **** on constantly by everyone from the media to the refs. This goes for basketball and football.

Music City Bowl which resulted in an NCAA rules change and now THIS. I'm ****ing sick.

Maybe if our actual athletic teams weren't so mediocre to begin with we wouldn't have to depend on the damn refs so much. Horrible call, but the team played like absolute s**t, from the coaches down to the players. They should have to take a damn bus back to Knoxville. This team needs to grow up pretty fast next year, they won't amount to a damn thing if they don't learn how to play outside of TBA. Absolutely putrid performance tonight by the offense. They're still probably in there shooting 3's.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back