Another THP Officer shows his true colors

Read back a page. You'll see Osbourne.

Are cops a race of people, or a religion? Is that why I'm a bigot?

You would be better served to understand the meaning of the word rather than a google search and an example given of race or religion.

Read back a page. You'll see Osbourne.

Are cops a race of people, or a religion? Is that why I'm a bigot?

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

This, truly sad for someone to posses this much hatred toward a group.

The LE posters here is just an immediate example. However, in the small sample size of VN, the majority of LE posters share the same point of view.

The primary problem with LE everywhere is that it comes with way too much risk, responsibility, and stress for what little it pays. This is not a good recipe for attracting the brightest guys in the class. It's insulting to me that we ask someone to protect us and get in harms way yet don't compensate the job adequately. That leaves a bunch of guys with a Napoleon complex to sign up because the authority is personally more valuable than fair compensation.

Hey OE, please show me the hatred. You already quoted it once. Just reading and concluding what you want?

Not at all, you cleary and consistently express your viewpoint based soley on hatred and nothing else.

You're starting to sound like a bigot.

I've stated clearly the LE profession is broken. Because of that it attracts substandard applicants. Those substandard applicants make the news for their substandard performance. People get mad, cops get defensive, (even the good ones) both sides flex muscle.

You seem to have concluded that you're in the substandard category. I figured you and Volcula were the only two normal cops on VN.

You're starting to sound like a bigot.

I've stated clearly the LE profession is broken. Because of that it attracts substandard applicants. Those substandard applicants make the news for their substandard performance. People get mad, cops get defensive, (even the good ones) both sides flex muscle.

You seem to have concluded that you're in the substandard category. I figured you and Volcula were the only two normal cops on VN.

Your opinion is based on personal opinion and not fact. Your sample size is based on personal experience and applied to the group as a whole.

If you wanted to argue effectively, you would argue age and life experience. Instead you choose intellect because of some sort of intellectual superiority you have given to your self.

In reference to the OP - Based on what I've read, watched and heard from a THP Commander, I believe the Trooper is definitely in the wrong. He should have stopped immediately if he knew there was a crash. It appears as though he knew. He should have rendered aid to the best of his ability. He should be punished for his failure to act.

However, his failure to act does not represent American Law Enforcement as a whole or even a significant number of peace officers. There is no evidence to suggest that this attitude is an epidemic running through law enforcement. It is silly and immature to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: 1 person
In reference to the OP - Based on what I've read, watched and heard from a THP Commander, I believe the Trooper is definitely in the wrong. He should have stopped immediately if he knew there was a crash. It appears as though he knew. He should have rendered aid to the best of his ability. He should be punished for his failure to act.

However, his failure to act does not represent American Law Enforcement as a whole or even a significant number of peace officers. There is no evidence to suggest that this attitude is an epidemic running through law enforcement. It is silly and immature to suggest otherwise.

Plus one

Your opinion is based on personal opinion and not fact. Your sample size is based on personal experience and applied to the group as a whole.

Since opinions are based on personal experience, I plead guilty. I have actually had very few run-ins with police. (about 5 or 6 speeding tickets, 3 wrecks, none I was at fault, a cop pointing a gun at me on a mower, in broad daylight, because a nearby building had an alarm sound, that was a bad one) I have always been polite, even a couple of times when I didn't want to. I've known and know several cops outside of their job. My uncle runs a bonding company in town, he was KPD for several years, I worked for him a while.
I think LE is underpaid. Severely. Disagree?
I think LE is stressful. Disagree?
I thinly LE bear a heavy responsibility. Disagree?
I think LE put their life in harm's way. Disagree?
I think LE are held to a higher standard. Disagree?
I think LE is crucial to a community. Disagree?
I think, after all those factors added up, that LE should command a strong salary and a equally strong candidate.
I think it doesn't because it commands a salary equal to a car salesman. Politicians make it worse by forcing officers to waste time writing tickets of various varieties just for the revenue stream but under the guise of public safety.
I'm sorry you view that as bigotted hatred.

If you wanted to argue effectively, you would argue age and life experience. Instead you choose intellect because of some sort of intellectual superiority you have given to your self.

I have a quote on the wall in my study. It's about 4'x8'. It says, "The beginning of wisdom is the recognition of ignorance." I think it was Twain, never been able to confirm, but nonetheless I like it. Makes sense to me. I guarantee, I don't find myself intellectually superior to others. I'm a work in progress like everyone else. Often, intellect is confused with knowledge anyway. That's why I don't view a degree as a sign of intelligence, just a sign of knowledge. I've got 2 and know many people I consider lightyears ahead of me in intellect that have none.

I do acknowledge that there are varying degrees of intellect, and that's my point with LE, the job is too critical for the compensation to be so little. Compensation equals Qualification in most every field.

You've already posted this. It's just as stupid as the first time. 'What ifs' are stupid. For example, if your mom was prettier she could've landed a better looking, wealthier man to knock her up, thus you'd be better looking and wealthier. That's how 'what ifs' work.

But yes, the cop was in the wrong for not stopping, but NONE of this would have happened if the guy hadn't broke numerous laws.

I think people are arguing two different points. The actions of the Trooper and the actions of the driver. They are separate arguments and should be treated as such.

I think people are arguing two different points. The actions of the Trooper and the actions of the driver. They are separate arguments and should be treated as such.

No one is defending the kid, the cops are defending the cop. Started by saying "well if he hadn't ..." and mad that the parents are filing a wrongful death.

VN Store

Back