Abortion debate (split from bball forum)

What would you like to call killing babies?

Its not a choice, the baby is alive! Show me how its not!
How have we convicted thousands of fathers for punching a pregnant woman of murder? What about the thousands who recieved double murder for killing an expecting mother?

because it's sometimes better for the child to not be brought into the world. I sincerely hope it's not a choice you ever have to make

and if God doesn't feel the need to protect every fetus then why do you think it's your responsibility?

people have been aborting children well before america got started.

Thats true, human beings have murdered each other since they have been on the planet I suppose. Is that an argument to support murder. What we have done is remove the protection of unborn children from the law. Suppose we remove that protection for everybody. How would you like it if your neighbor was free to murder you because he wanted your car. I don't think that would make you very happy. Yet you believe that the very weakest and most vunerable humans should not have the protection you have.

Thats true, human beings have murdered each other since they have been on the planet I suppose. Is that an argument to support murder. What we have done is remove the protection of unborn children from the law. Suppose we remove that protection for everybody. How would you like it if your neighbor was free to murder you because he wanted your car. I don't think that would make you very happy. Yet you believe that the very weakest and most vunerable humans should not have the protection you have.

why do you think that we've made that distinction for centuries since women haven't been prosecuted for abortion in the past? maybe because it's not 100% the same thing as murder? nah can't be.

Jtrain, I went and caught freakanomics on Netflix. The abortion bit was eye opening.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

name a single society in history that has prosecuted any of these women for murder?

Every society has the same debate we are so pick one. Irrelevant however, others doing wrong wouldnt justify it anyway. You're missing or avoiding the point. The baby is alive, show me how its not.

Have you seen the abortionists protesting murder trials when someone gets double murder for killing a pregnant woman, come on man!

there are many other reasons for it. Responsible parents are presented with the choice often and choose not to bring the child into the world

How are "responsible" parents faced with this, exactly?

How America will pay is up to God not me. An entire generation of Americans have been killed. Who will replace them? Think about it. Look around you and see what is going on in America right now. Staggering debt, soaring crime rates, the proliferation of veneral disease, floods, earth quakes, a permant dependant underclass, 47 percent of all Americans do not pay any Federal Income tax they are dependant on government, drug use and on and on..........

God doesn't make certain countries "pay." America is still the best place on earth to live and abortion is legal. That being said abortion disgusts me. If you've ever actually opened a Bible or attended a Sunday School class you would understand this. Man was given free will and Jesus paid the ultimate price for our sins to be forgiven. But God isn't punishing America with problems man creates.

That is fine if you want to believe a god exists. I get it, its comforting. However, don't attempt to bring it up in logical discussion because religion is not logical. I believe some lessons may be learned from the bible, but the literal interpreting needs to be kicked to the side already. How many of you truly believe the story of Noah and his boat, not as a metaphor to learn from, but an actual event?

I didn't say the fetus wasn't alive, of course it is. It is being fed nutrients and is growing at a cellular level. However, trees, flowers, and bacteria are all alive in the same sense. I doubt they cognitively make decisions or feel pain.

Every society has the same debate we are so pick one. Irrelevant however, others doing wrong wouldnt justify it anyway. You're missing or avoiding the point. The baby is alive, show me how its not.

Not sure I ever read about this debate in anything written by the Greek or Roman philosophers.

That said, this debate is pointless.

because it's sometimes better for the child to not be brought into the world. I sincerely hope it's not a choice you ever have to make

and if God doesn't feel the need to protect every fetus then why do you think it's your responsibility?

Who says he doesn't protect a fetus?

Have you seen the abortionists protesting murder trials when someone gets double murder for killing a pregnant woman, come on man!

rats are alive too and few people have a problem killing those. acting like it's a cut and dry issue is kind of ridiculous.

I believe you.

I'm not saying it's an every day occurrence but when presented with the choice between terminating a pregnancy and delivering a child that will live in pain for no more than a year before dying I know where I stand. I am also glad that there is a choice

i feel for you. you made the right decision. i'm sure it was very hard. i can't even imagine what you must have gone through.

dealing with the wife is the toughest part. But it makes today even more special

It means you respect the LAW that gives the right for the WOMAN to choose

I always love it when people, especially men, start telling other women what to do with their bodies. Amazing

I would like to just point out it is not the womens body that is being killed it is the unborn baby.

I'm not saying it's an every day occurrence but when presented with the choice between terminating a pregnancy and delivering a child that will live in pain for no more than a year before dying I know where I stand. I am also glad that there is a choice

it absolutely is an every day occurence world wide.

He gave us the responsibility to fight against all murders, including this type. Why is this one different? It goes back to what I said. Abortionist say its not alive, but it clearly is, therefore we have no right to end that life anymore than any other life.

Do you disagree with double murder charges for killing a pregnant woman, or murder charges for punching a pregnant woman causing the baby to die?

He gave us the responsibility to fight against all murders, including this type. Why is this one different? It goes back to what I said. Abortionist say its not alive, but it clearly is, therefore we have no right to end that life anymore than any other life.

Do you disagree with double murder charges for killing a pregnant woman, or murder charges for punching a pregnant woman causing the baby to die?

why would I disagree when the woman made no choice?

and your God "murders" more kids than all the doctors combined. It's not a fact you may like but it happens

dealing with the wife is the toughest part. But it makes today even more special

Less than 1% of abortions are performed as medically necessary. I would support abortion in life of mother or hopeless cases.

I answered your first statement already.

To your second statement, you're assuming that the murdered woman wanted to have her child. Robbing the surviving family of not only their wife/daughter/sister but also their child/grandchild/nephew.

You might feel different if your wife is raped and impregnated one day. I doubt you'll want to father the rapist's child.

Less than 1% of abortions are performed as medically necessary. I would support abortion in life of mother or hopeless cases.

so we both agree with abortion as a right but now just disagree on the limits

That is fine if you want to believe a god exists. I get it, its comforting. However, don't attempt to bring it up in logical discussion because religion is not logical. I believe some lessons may be learned from the bible, but the literal interpreting needs to be kicked to the side already. How many of you truly believe the story of Noah and his boat, not as a metaphor to learn from, but an actual event?

I didn't say the fetus wasn't alive, of course it is. It is being fed nutrients and is growing at a cellular level. However, trees, flowers, and bacteria are all alive in the same sense. I doubt they cognitively make decisions or feel pain.

rats are alive too and few people have a problem killing those. acting like it's a cut and dry issue is kind of ridiculous.

Cant be serious, we are talking about human life, which we all distinguish between plants and rats.

I'm not saying it's an every day occurrence but when presented with the choice between terminating a pregnancy and delivering a child that will live in pain for no more than a year before dying I know where I stand. I am also glad that there is a choice.

it absolutely is an every day occurence world wide.

Not what we are talking about. We are talking about abortion as a form of birth control and choice.

why would I disagree when the woman made no choice?

and your God "murders" more kids than all the doctors combined. It's not a fact you may like but it happens

Because the baby is alive it is wrong for anyone to kill it, why is that hard to see?
And no, God does not murder anyone.

VN Store

Back