Ohio State 0 bench points

uh.... wayne on lighty is not a matchup i like. wayne on lighty is 2 fouls for chism in the first 5 minutes guaranteed.

we have to start a smaller lineup.

I disagree. We want to neutralize our size advantage in order to close the quickness gap? Let's just play our game, use our customary advantages and deal with the deficiencies we know how to deal with.

honestly if they get in foul trouble there is no way they will be able to keep up with us

Truthfully..............

I'd let Turner have his and shut down the other 4 guys. Diebler was the key today. If he goes off, we're in trouble.

Bobby needs to lock down on Evan Turner, and Hopson needs to suffocate Diebler. We need to get there starters in Foul trouble .

I like Hopson guarding Diebler. Diebler is no threat to take his man off the dribble, so Hopson's lack of lateral quickness shouldn't hurt him much in that matchup. Plus his length should help contest his 3 pointers better.

Actually, even though we only play 6 guys, we love to run. The only time our lack of a bench affects us is foul trouble, but we don't get fatigued easily. And given the fact that we'll have Sunday-Friday off, I wouldn't expect us to be too tired.

Anyway, should be a good game. IMO, Chism and is success (or lack thereof) is the key in the game.

Actually, even though we only play 6 guys, we love to run. The only time our lack of a bench affects us is foul trouble, but we don't get fatigued easily. And given the fact that we'll have Sunday-Friday off, I wouldn't expect us to be too tired.

Anyway, should be a good game. IMO, Chism and is success (or lack thereof) is the key in the game.

Question for you: Let's say we stick with our original lineup and put Chism on Diebler. You think Diebler can exploit that matchup by driving the ball to the hole, or you think Chism will be fine guarding him?

I actually think that would be very good strategy.

Turner, Lighty, and Buford can all take the ball to the rack. Diebler can not.

I will say I don't know if Chism is quick enough to stay with Diebler, though. We run a lot of screens, so while Chism could take Diebler fine one on one, I don't know how good he'd do with off-ball movement.

I will say I don't know if Chism is quick enough to stay with Diebler, though. We run a lot of screens, so while Chism could take Diebler fine one on one, I don't know how good he'd do with off-ball movement.

That is what I would be a little bit worried about. But I think Chism's length could give Diebler problems coming off those screens.

Perhaps. How good is Williams, though? I haven't watched a ton of UT basketball. Lauderdale can provide issues against a bad C, so you might want Chism to help there, if Williams can't get the job done.

Perhaps. How good is Williams, though? I haven't watched a ton of UT basketball. Lauderdale can provide issues against a bad C, so you might want Chism to help there, if Williams can't get the job done.

Williams issues as a C are on the scoring end. His rebounding and defense are solid.

In terms of D/rebounding, it's not a matchup. I don't really know how good Lauderdale's O is though.

Williams is a slightly above average defender and an excellent rebounder. Sometimes he can get into foul trouble. He has pretty much 0 offense though (except for easy putbacks).

Then I think, if you're going to go man to man, you'd almost have to put Chism on Diebler, because if you put him on anyone else, he won't be able to defend them.

Do you think we will have players shift over to double team him at times? How good a ball handler is he when double teamed?

Don't be surprised to see some zone in this game if we go with the Williams-Chism front court. I actually think this would be effective. It would make it more difficult for Turner, and we could extend on Diebler in the zone and contest his shots.

Do you think we will have players shift over to double team him at times? How good a ball handler is he when double teamed?

Dont know if Bruce will do that but thats a hell of an idea.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A 1-3-1 has four weak spots to exploit for threes. Ohio State has four starters who can shoot it. Not a good idea.

get turner in foul trouble early and we'll win. Theyre simply not deep enough

VN Store

Back