Recruiting Football Talk VII

Being a degenerate watching an old game tonight.

I've watched some of the 99' team before, but my good golly Ollie Ollie...our offense was HORRIBLE. Randy should've been fired after that season, good lord. Shouldn't have been possible to be that bad.

He ran a freaking fullback dive on 3rd and 10...

At times. But it still averaged 29 ppg. Just 2.5 less than the 98 championship team.

Finished 24th in scoring offense in '99. The equivalent today would be averaging 34 ppg.

Reactions: knoxvol52
This weekend has been a big reminder to the uphill battle we were facing in talent last year. The junior class was almost non existent and what was left of the seniors were hard workers who were loyal to UT but not the top end talent required to for championships
Impressive what Heup has done. Recruiting is only going to get better. We have and will sign do many elite QB. Let’s add Faizon next!

These guys...

Reminds me of some running around in here, it really does; and, with that...
What does it say about me whenever I'm going back and forth with 1) Someone looking to get a rise out of me, or 2) Someone who, mentally, isn't all there??

That account is one or the other; and, like some here, I lean toward the latter.

And, I've fallen for it a time or two...or, five times, maybe.

Yeah, I think it's a great pickup and I'm thrilled about it. Been out and about and just now checked on the draft and BOOOM!!!

McDaniel has been keeping a stable of RBs (Wilson and Ahmed been getting plenty of work) but he leans most heavily on the speed guys when they're healthy. Achane was hurt a good bit last year and Mostert ain't no spring chicken.

I think this was one of the best possible landing spots for Wright. He'll get plenty of opportunities.

Go Fins!!!!
Now just need to make sure we have the OL to be able to run the ball consistently. I like the tackle that we picked up in the 2nd round but he apparently will be a high potential project. Lost our best guard to FA and Connor Williams is still a free agent after his ACL injury. Been some talk that we will bring him back on a deal but who knows.

Even then we had a ton of issues consistently running the ball between the tackles and teams started to adjust out wide to slow us down running off tackle. Some of that was OL and RB injuries too but good defenses were able to stop our running game way too easily. I was really hoping to reshape the OL this summer but cap space has been extremely limiting.

Reactions: pismonque
Where'd ya find that little guy at?
YARN | Oh, that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy. | Super  Troopers (2001) | Video gifs by quotes | 634e8421 | 紗

I get it’s a popular meme around here to say I’m overtly negative, but this is pretty retarded. Everyone’s acting like I said we suck when that isn’t what I said at all.

I agree with this, but I take solace in the fact that outside of arkansas and Kentucky.. somewhat.. no one has elite pitching this season.

We could very well have a college World Series reminiscent of pre BBCOR at the old rosenblatt stadium. 15-12 type scores all over the place.
Yeah, but you are behaving like a moody teenager.

At times. But it still averaged 29 ppg. Just 2.5 less than the 98 championship team.

Finished 24th in scoring offense in '99. The equivalent today would be averaging 34 ppg.
All valid, but a lot of that had to do with the defense providing really good field position.

Hope our d-line performs like that 99 one 👀👀👀 Heup wouldn't waste it

VN Store

Back