The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Let’s see how it plays out there VP, I can see how amazing it would feel to have Will Levis as your QB1, but you never know.
I still don’t like it but at least we didn’t go spend a bunch of unnecessary money on a free agent QB only to draft another with our first pick 🤣

Reactions: knoxvol52
So what was he going to do, pitch a hissy fit when they discussed it? He’s pitching a hissy fit now.
It’s a business. Perform or get traded. Spoiled brat.
I would be a little shocked as well if I were him. He was probably told a lot of things during free agency and then you don’t even get a heads up from the team that just courted you. He could have been hosting a draft party and gotten that news. That’s a very awkward situation to put him into. It’s just common curtesy to inform a veteran if something big like this is going to happen. It just shows the Falcons are not a well-run franchise and it will make getting veterans in free agency harder to come. Kind of a slap in the face honestly. If I were a veteran I would think twice about signing there.

I would be a little shocked as well if I were him. He was probably told a lot of things during free agency and then you don’t even get a heads up from the team that just courted you. He could have been hosting a draft party and gotten that news. That’s a very awkward situation to put him into. It’s just common curtesy to inform a veteran if something big like this is going to happen. It just shows the Falcons are not a well-run franchise and it will make getting veterans in free agency harder to come. Kind of a slap in the face honestly. If I were a veteran I would think twice about signing there.
I'm not sure I understand being shocked. If you aren't performing the team needs options. If you get hurt, the team needs options. The team has the right to have a competent back up. For the reasons already listed and to keep the starter motivated.

I'm not sure I understand being shocked. If you aren't performing the team needs options. If you get hurt, the team needs options. The team has the right to have a competent back up. For the reasons already listed and to keep the starter motivated.
Cousins signed with Falcons in off season thinking he was going to be starter for at least 3 seasons. Drafting Penix doesn't guarantee Cousins nothing more than this upcoming season. Although he has plenty of guaranteed money coming from falcons if I was Cousins I wouldn't give a damn as long as I get payed.

Dem Boyz selected Tyler Guyton, OT from Oklahoma…
They seem to always waste (like the Titans) pick an OL on their 1st pick.
But that pick is a guy that's 6'8" & 330 lbs that can move from side to side.
He's to replace that Smith dude that went to Chicago or some place I forget.
But I've said for 35 years or so, Cowboys suck pretty much when it comes Draft time.
Cowboys like to find their "gems" in training camp from free agents coming in to camp.

They seem to always waste (like the Titans) pick an OL on their 1st pick.
But that pick is a guy that's 6'8" & 330 lbs that can move from side to side.
He's to replace that Smith dude that went to Chicago or some place I forget.
But I've said for 35 years or so, Cowboys suck pretty much when it comes Draft time.
Good grief.

Cousins signed with Falcons in off season thinking he was going to be starter for at least 3 seasons. Drafting Penix doesn't guarantee Cousins nothing more than this upcoming season. Although he has plenty of guaranteed money coming from falcons if I was Cousins I wouldn't give a damn as long as I get payed.
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

VN Store

Back