Recruiting Football Talk VII

What I seem to recall is that when Coke was withdrawn and then reintroduced as "Classic," following the "New Coke" circus, corn sweetener (or something) had been substituted for sugar cane in the transition from Coke to Classic. I don't think that change would have been at all well received had the company simply changed the sweetener in Coke; but it was completely distracted from by the ruckus. "Classic," in fact, got applause when "it" was brought back. Made me wonder if that were intentional. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I don't drink soft drinks.
I could also be wrong, but I don't think that's what happened.

For the sugar/corn syrup switch, sugar cane farmers in the US bribed politicians to impose huge tariffs on imported sugar, which is why we pay many many times more than anyone else in the world for sugar. Food and beverage companies responded to the tariffs by coming up with cheaper alternative sweeteners, like HFCS. The switch was unrelated to the new coke debacle I'm pretty sure, because all soda producers in the US also use HFCS. So anyone who is against HFCS, you have your politicians to thank for that.

The new coke was in response to an overwhelming majority of people preferring Pepsi in a sip test (one sip only) because it's so much sweeter. What they didn't realize was that something as sickly sweet as Pepsi is only good for a few sips, then it's not so good. When they reran the tests with a full can, Coke was the favorite. It's a popular case study in bad consumer testing study design.

There's more than you ever wanted to know on two topics haha

Right? Inferior product ever since they took the cocaine out imo.
It actually still has it, though obviously not in cocaine form. Fun fact, coca cola is the only food company in the US with a permit to buy the by product of processed coca leaves from pharmaceutical companies. It's what makes the flavor of coke impossible to mimic, it's illegal for others to buy a key ingredient haha

I don't have proof of that one, but a pretty reliable food industry exec I know swears it's true.

Have you seen the video of the 2 guys in a parking lot? One of them is kicking the side of the other guy's truck, he pulls out a gun and starts shooting. Kills the guy I think. Stupid reason to ruin lives.
Here's a solution...don't take or break stuff that ain't yours and you won't get shot.

Idiot punks that have no respect, that think they can do anything to anybodys property or person and just get away with it deserve what they get.

I'm sick of this criminal crap.

Here's a solution...don't take or break stuff that ain't yours and you won't get shot.

Idiot punks that have no respect, that think they can do anything to anybodys property or person and just get away with it deserve what they get.

I'm sick of this criminal crap.
A guy who kicks my truck is getting an a$$ whipping, not a bullet to the head.

Papa John’s checks bouncing?

The po💩 scumbag is just literally stealing from everybody...he is just taking their money and then moving on to some other fool stupid enough to mess with his sorry ass.

There is nothing that anybody can do about it either.

At least this is what it looks like he and some others are doing now.

VN Store

Back