The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Series Thread (Fri. April 19 6:30PM EST) (Sat. April 20 2PM EST) (Sun. April 21 1PM EST) (All games on SECNET+)

I listened to the game (unable to watch) just now caught the highlights. Question- when ensley was ph for i guessed Tears to cf and i saw him make a play there but at the end of the game it looked like he made a play in rf .. what outfield line ups did we use today?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I listened to the game (unable to watch) just now caught the highlights. Question- when ensley was ph for i guessed Tears to cf and i saw him make a play there but at the end of the game it looked like he made a play in rf .. what outfield line ups did we use today?

1713749793589.png

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not my kids best outing but bats kept us in it.
It happens to everyone that has ever played. Just part of it. I thought Kirby made some good pitches that they just hit . His location might have been a little off but they put some good swings on the ball too. On to the next game.

Reactions: vol66

Started with Tears in RF, Ensley in CF. I believe Peebles batted for Ensley, moved in as C in place of Stark (who was hit by pitch and seemed shaken up), at which point KT moved to CF and Bargo came in (technically for Stark) and played RF. Later, Backus came in and played CF and then KT moved back to RF.

Funniest part was the announcer referred to at least 3 different players as Tears who were very obviously not KT 🤣

Last edited:
Somebody earlier called Kentucky a "weird" team, and I thought that was a weirdly vague comment. But that's before
I learned that Kentucky was 15-1 in the league after the first game of the series. That IS weird. Kentucky has been respectable
for a long time--but never close to that good, I don't think. (Maybe? While I track our scores, I don't pay much attention to the rest
of the league most years). Conventional wisdom suggests that a team that is 15-1 in the league has good pitching--but then we score
22 runs on Kentucky's pitching in the next two games. I don't think there's much that's conventional about collegiate baseball in this
era of pin-ball scoring. We're certainly good at knocking balls over the fences, but may ultimately need a bit more of that conventional pitching to reach our big goals. Good series win.
..tldr. Short and sweet, boo!

To Kentucky fans/announcers, it probably seemed like Tears was playing every position out there.

Colby Backus moved to CF and Tears slid over to RF to spell Bargo

Reactions: Orange. and vol66

VN Store

Back