Recruiting Football Talk VII

We’ve drank Kentucky’s milkshake in all three sports, this cycle.
giphy.gif

I think Tony has 8 pitchers he trusts in the weekend series. Causey, Beam, Sechrist, Snead, Connell, Combs. Well, that might be it. Stamos threw and so did Behnke and Phillips but I would not say Tony feels great about any of them. Going to be best tough unless we get Russell back. I have faith in Frank Anderson but not sure how much he has to work with. Still time for one more guy to step up.

If a random stranger called your daughter exciting (insert your daughter’s name) in your presence, how would you feel?

Just curious.

I would give them a chance to apologize.
My daughter is a freshman in college. I guess I feel more protective.

For some reason it bothers me that our new young coach is not getting a chance before the nicknames start…

Now return to our regularly scheduled program…
Get your mind out of the gutter. I was talking about her brand of basketball.

Putting my Voltello cap on: at this point in the season we have seen enough of the pitching to come to some conclusions.

Causey is back in as SP on Friday unless/until AJ Russell can go. If Russell can go, Causey in for relief.

Beam at SP with Combs in relief as the combo for Saturday.

Sechrist with Loy and Phillips in primary relief on Sunday. Those two relievers have what it takes.

Snead is a closer as needed in all three games.

Kirby, Stamos, Behnke and Dallas for spot duty in middle relief or mop up.

A lot depends on the health of Russell.

Billy Barrels needs some time off. He had a bad series hitting and fielding. Blake Burke and C-Mo are incredible.

This team is a monster at the plate. Keep them healthy, well fed, and rested.

Last edited:
Why bring TN up with Clemson? I know the guy is a Bama fan, but makes zero sense. F Riley Green.

Last Clemson football win over Tennessee: 2004

Last Clemson win in basketball over Tennessee: 1955

Last Clemson baseball win: 1997

Last Clemson women’s basketball win: 1981

Last edited:

VN Store

Back