Recruiting Football Talk VII

Ohhhhh myyyyy👀👀👀 @Devo182 @MoCo_Vol bro we gotta talk…give me the numbers who are you guys taking?..this is tough👀

2018-2019 team clears this year’s team. Although Knecht is a lot better than GW and Schofield, that team had more than 1 player who could take over the game, whereas this year’s team only had DK who could take over a game offensively

Reactions: UTSuave’
I have a few buddies that have them. They are all dealing with the notorious lifter tick issue. Relatively low miles on all 3 as well. Buy Toyota if looking at gas pickups.
The new gen Tundras have had some issues that don't seem to be completely sorted out. They'll get there, but I wouldn't be totally confident in them yet. The GM trucks with cylinder deactivation have had issues but they've made a change in the way it works on the newer Colorado/Canyon that seems to be working. Not sure if they've done the same on the Silverado/Sierra. All full and mid size trucks are pretty solid these days. My 2021 Nissan Titan might not have all the tech bells and whistles of the other brands, despite being loaded with every option, but I've been thrilled with it.

Does anyone here own a GMC Sierra? Drove one for work last week. Was surprised by the 'relatively' low price point (which is still high) in comparison to other trucks.

Do you like it?
Have had 3. Will be trading for #4 in the next year or so. Prefer the 6.2 liter over the base engine, but that takes it out of the relatively low range.

It is actually INSANE that a #3 vs #4 baseball matchup is only on streaming sites, but yet they broadcast on espn and sec network other unranked baseball games as well as softball…
Television schedule was made before the SEC season even started.

Nobody could've predicted Kentucky being #3 in the country.

Reactions: crazyguy
It is actually INSANE that a #3 vs #4 baseball matchup is only on streaming sites, but yet they broadcast on espn and sec network other unranked baseball games as well as softball…
What's worse is the planning of which numbskull will be on play by play. Its like if Baskin Robbins had 31 flavors, and they all sucked.

Reactions: Volunteer821
In the well-trafficked skies above the Somme River in France, Baron Manfred von Richthofen is shot down and killed.

"On April 21, 1918, with 80 victories under his belt, Richthofen led his squadron of triplanes deep into Allied territory in France on a search for British observation aircraft. The flight drew the attention of an Allied squadron led by Canadian Air Force pilot Captain Arthur Roy Brown. As Richthofen pursued a plane piloted by Brown’s compatriot, Wilfred R. May, the Red Baron ventured too far into enemy territory and too low to the ground. Two miles behind the Allied lines, just as Brown caught up with Richthofen and fired on him, the chase passed over an Australian machine-gun battery, whose riflemen opened fire. Richthofen was hit in the torso; though he managed to land his plane alongside the road from Corbie to Bray, near Sailley-le-Sac, he was dead by the time Australian troops reached him. Brown is often given credit for downing Richthofen from the air, though some claimed it was actually an Australian gunner on the ground who fired the fatal shot; debate continues to this day.

Manfred von Richthofen was buried by the Allies in a small military cemetery in Bertangles, France, with full military honors. He was 25 years old at the time of his death. His body was later moved to a larger cemetery at Fricourt. In 1925, it was moved again, at the behest of his brother, Karl Bolko, this time to Berlin, where he was buried at Invaliden Cemetery in a large state funeral. In a time of wooden and fabric aircraft, when 20 air victories ensured a pilot legendary status, the Red Baron downed 80 enemy aircraft and went down in history as one of the greatest heroes to emerge from World War I on either side of the conflict.

View attachment 635782
Crazy to think that the Red Baron only lived to 25. As a kid, I always pictured him as a 40-something Snidely Whiplash-looking dude with a handlebar moustache.

I really wanna go to the LV forum and post in the "Rickea Jackson Drafted #4" thread:

"Would've been #1 if Kim Caldwell coached her. . . "
OK - high horse time - we don’t need to put down a VFL (Kellie) to lift up what we hope will be a new VFL Coach…

Last edited:

VN Store

Back