Recruiting Football Talk VII

Bro the coldest vintage UT jacket I’ve ever seen I’m still looking out for til this day was worn by Tory Lanez👀 if you know anyone with it let me know😁

View attachment 634905

act fast lol

Curious to see if we have any other players jump into the portal.

And if we do, curious to see what the staff does as far as adding guys or putting a dent in our scholarship restrictions.

I think Tyler Barron is proving we pay well. Excellent publicity for our current and future players. All the guys I can think of went down in prestige leaving UT.
You know what would be nice though? If those who constantly drone that our NIL needs to be higher would pay attention to how many players we chose not to pay who actually did worse elsewhere. I'm sure there are some teams willing to overpay, but it appears that in the majority of cases we let them walk over money it was the right move. They thought too highly of themselves and we upgraded.

Maybe...just maybe...we actually do have competent leadership throughout our programs.

Last edited:
You know who also looked way too slow early in his career?..AJ Johnson.

Watching his progression taught me something I will never forget...and most people will never see.
Truly is absurd bashing underclassmen...as if none of them have ever progressed 😅

Same folks that thought Hooker here was just going to Sophomore/Freshman Hooker...🤭

You know what would be nice though? If those who constantly drone that our NIL needs to be higher would pay attention to how many players we chose not to pay actually did worse elsewhere. I'm sure there are some teams willing to overpay, but it appears that in the majority of cases we let them walk over money it was the right move. They thought too highly of themselves and we upgraded.

Maybe...just maybe...we actually do have competent leadership throughout our programs.
I have said multiple times we have the premier NIL in college athletics. That is echoed by other fanbases, too. You cannot convince some of our own, though, and I imagine many who protest the most don't even participate, which is fine but should be taken with a grain of salt.

I have said multiple times we have the premier NIL in college athletics. That is echoed by other fanbases, too. You cannot convince some of our own, though, and I imagine many who protest the most don't even participate, which is fine but should be taken with a grain of salt.
Not doubting you, but where is the evidence we have the premier NIL? Ole Miss may have an argument there...Double digit millions just for football.

I think you mean "grade of slaw".

VN Store

Back