Recruiting Football Talk VII

From doing research on Kim's coaching.
1. Presses the entire game on misses and makes from her on team. Outcome is more possessions and shots per game over their opponents. One game they had 50 shots more that the other team. It doesn't matter what your shooting percentage is if you get 50 more shots.
2. Offensive rebounding is a must. Outcome again is to get more possessions and more shots than your opponents.
3. Shoot a lot of 3 pointers. High octane offense that scores a lot of points. Just keep shooting if they are not falling because they will eventually.
4. Subs a lot to keep people fresh on the floor to press.
5. Doesn't like to call timeouts. Wants to wear the other team down.
6. Wants her teams to be in better physical condition than the other team. Again, to wear the other team down.
7. Blocking out on defense. If you don't block out, she doesn't care if you are the best player on the floor you are coming out of the game.
8. Her philosophy for coaching is to coach them hard. She tells the girls to "hate me now, but love me later". Hold them to a high standard and if that standard is not met in practice, then they have to get on the line. In other words, she will make them run sprints.

Immediate concerns:
1. Do we have the athletes to do this? She will have to recruit and pull portal players to do this style.
2. Can we get bigs to do this style and play bigs from other teams on defense. See Iowa against South Carolina's bigs yesterday.
3. Will this hold up in the SEC and D1 to get you at a championship level. If not, will she be willing to change a little to get the best results long term.

Conclusion: I think she can be a success here and win a lot of games and beat a lot of teams, but can you beat the elite teams. We shall see, but her resume is amazing. I'll be rooting for her and the team and hope she can bring them back to prominence.
Sounds like they better be in shape --like a Barnes team. Going to be interesting.

VN Store

Back