Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

He knows she interviewed. That's it. He clearly says he doesn't really know anything.
Yea I read the Hubbs post in similar light. I think this search is a master class being put on by DW. Thus far, no one of considerable clout has stated Caldwell is legit, nor has anyone truly leaked anything. Lowe said to expect us to go big, and this isn’t very big. I just can’t see DW and company firing Harper to then go all out for an unproven 1-year D1 coach. And if this is who we end up with, then that tells me two things: (1) everyone else said no and (2) this program isn’t as important to women’s basketball anymore like we think.

Mitchell not coming here
Cori close I doubt it
Gottlieb she’s not leaving she has juju for 3 more years
Now the other ones are up in the air
Ugh Cori Close...another coach that has a history of stealing players....her teams also grossly underperform

Ugh Cori Close...another coach that has a history of stealing players....her teams also grossly underperform

I’m not a big fan either. She’s a Geno fan girl and her teams do indeed under perform for the level of talent she has on her rosters. She’s always getting top HS and top transfers and still can’t break though.

As recently as 21-22 they didn’t even make the NCAA tournament and were in the WNIT. Somehow still beat us on some recruits that season.

Reactions: feathersax
The Missouri men’s team once hired a coach from D2 who had just won a national title at that level. He was fired after 3 years. The MOST wins he ever had in a season at Mizzou was 10. D2 success does not necessarily translate to this level.

I can’t imagine Danny taking this kind of risk unless just absolutely nobody else wants this job.

If CKSC is the new HC at Tennessee congratulations to her.

Don't know if AD DW so what if he didn't get the one of the big time coaches everyone wanted.

CKSC will do one of 2 things if she is hired.

1. Make us all look silly by doubting her ability to coach a Power 4 school
2. Fall flat in her face

I'm hoping for #1 option, although some of you silently are hoping for #2 option.
You know who you are..

As far as I have seen there has been ZERO credible evidence of anything at this point.

Again, the majority of the Kim Caldwell Stephens rumors started after a satirical Twitter post was shared as fact.

If anything it’s Danny leaking a tiny nug of someone he interviewed to throw everyone off the scent of the actual candidate. Especially news media sources, because clearly they have spent the last 48 hours OBSESSED with the Marshall coach.

If he did do it intentionally he’s sorta of an evil genius lol

Feels to me like the Marshall coach interviewed but I do not agree she is our coach.

A small school like Marshall would have a harder time keeping it under wraps if she interviewed. So I can see where that leak would come from.

But the radio silence on all other candidates makes me think Kim is not our coach. Is someone with more name recognition.

Still very dubious about any of the Marshall coach rumors based on where pretty much all of that started. (A satirical news twitter that posted a legit sounding post and baby boomers ran with it like the gospel.)
Guess it all boils down to we will find out when we find out. Only DW and maybe a couple of others know.

VN Store

Back