Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

it’s true that you have no evidence that UT has been rejected by several coaches.
It’s true that you’ve kept posting speculation and saying it was fact. Its true that you keep saying the hire will be underwhelming and you’re clearly mad about KJH getting fired and you don’t like Danny White.
It’s all there. Just a few examples are below. You accusing White of leaking a coaches name to the media wasn’t a lie I guess? You can prove that he did that?
Also, “it’s what I’m hearing”.
But he’s spoken to not one but two people “with knowledge of the situation”!!!!

I just vomited in my mouth.
Hubbs has no idea. I mean she could be the hire but real possibility is Danny interviewed multiple coaches. Really doesn’t matter though whether we perceive this as a home run or a strike out; we won’t know for a while what we have.

Coach Cal was a home run for UK.
Jimbo Fisher was a home run for A&M.
Tennessee got a dud in Heupel or at least that’s what everyone thought.

Hubbs has no idea. I mean she could be the hire but real possibility is Danny interviewed multiple coaches. Really doesn’t matter though whether we perceive this as a home run or a strike out; we won’t know for a while what we have.

At least the good news is, it's not done (yet). I can't fathom that this is really happening. This flys in the face of everything we thought to be true about why Kellie was fired to begin with. Kellie is chuckling on her couch somewhere right now.

Bargaining stage of grief.

This is the position all real fans should take. Not sure about this hire? Just wait and watch it play out. If it fails miserably then be mad and blame DW. If it succeeds then be happy and we keep on loving DW, and thinking he’s a genius. I just hope they pick a winner to be the coach.

Rather lame..

--Cal has won a national title even and regularly has a top team even if it can be argued that he's underachieved somewhat given the talent he brings in every year. He also came from a major program.

---Fisher was a bust at A&M, and A&M is a weird school that represents what is badly wrong with college football. That he did not succeed at
A&M proves nothing.

---Heupel was an assistant coach at at least four major programs, including offensive coordinator at Oklahoma and Missouri, before
being hired by Central Florida, where he was the head coach for three years. Central Florida is now a member of the Big12 conference. So let's not compare this background with somebody who has one season at Marshall after several years in Div. II.

This is the position all real fans should take. Not sure about this hire? Just wait and watch it play out. If it fails miserably then be mad and blame DW. If it succeeds then be happy and we keep on loving DW, and thinking he’s a genius. I just hope they pick a winner to be the coach.

White is overrated and hardly a genius. That we've been successful in various sports owes to the coaches---none of whom he hired but Heupel, who has had one good season. If he hires Caldwell and she fails, White should be fired--seriously---for botching a crucial hire. This would like a struggling Formula One team offering a seat to a kid who performed very well for a year on a dirty track oval in Georgia.

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you guys, but even Hubbs agrees that the smoke around Kim Caldwell is definitely a real possibility.View attachment 632523

Hubbs is usually reliable, but he too can be thrown off the trail. There is the picture of him waiting at the airport in his truck after the rumors of Gruden flying in were spread. Not saying he's off on this, but these guys who are good at their jobs can be duped as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volstylexx
If Kentucky hired Kenny Brooks (Final 4 last year) and TN hires a head coach with one year's experience in D1 then I give up. I literally GIVE UP.
😭 oh we of little faith
Hubbs is usually reliable, but he too can be thrown off the trail. There is the picture of him waiting at the airport in his truck after the rumors of Gruden flying in were spread. Not saying he's off on this, but these guys who are good at their jobs can be dumped as well.
clickbait journalists gonna clickbait

White is overrated and hardly a genius. That we've been successful in various sports owes to the coaches---none of whom he hired but Heupel, who has had one good season. If he hires Caldwell and she fails, White should be fired--seriously---for botching a crucial hire.
The moves he has made, not just coaching hires, for our university have been huge. Modernizing our football and baseball stadiums. Approving multimillion dollar renovations for football, baseball, and basketball. The pitch to building an entertainment district on the River. He’s doing things our former ADs never really were great at doing, and yes he hired our best football coach in over a decade. Which is something people shouldn’t overlook. He’s also hired brilliant basketball coaches at previous stops. Oats at Buffalo, I’m pretty sure he also hired Hurley at Buffalo. He also hired Lance Leipold at Buffalo who is an outstanding football coach as well. It may or may not be Caldwell, but so far DW has done nothing but elevate our entire university in his tenure as AD.

Midnight on the central coast means = Volstylexx out.

G'night all. If I wake up to news of Stephen's confirmed I don't know what I'll do (other than get my litterbox ready I guess) lol.
Better start texting a buddy, I guess. I love the UT fanbase thinking we’re going to get a big splash of a hire and getting a ripple at the announcement. We set ourselves up every time. Never fails to disappoint.

Facts:
1. Lady Vols BBC was fired.
2. A new coach will be hired.
3. Fans do not get to choose.
4. Fans can decide to support the coach or not.

If you don’t like the hire, you can find something else to do with your time. I was going to step way back from football if Franklin was hired. It’s up to you.

Facts:
1. Lady Vols BBC was fired.
2. A new coach will be hired.
3. Fans do not get to choose.
4. Fans can decide to support the coach or not.

If you don’t like the hire, you can find something else to do with your time. I was going to step way back from football if Franklin was hired. It’s up to you.
Stop telling people to go somewhere else, everyone has a right to their opinion. This is a social media forum the mere fact that you’re here indicates you have an opinion. Go play Hall monitor and hope someone listens.

VN Store

Back