Coach Kellie Harper fired

Yes. Given the timing, unless White is willing to write of next year as a rebuild, you think someone who could bring a set of quality transfer with her or him.

Of course, White could pull a Heupel and go with a promising mid major coach. Just not sure who that would be.

Craziest tin foil hat idea yet-- Bruce Pearl. He and Candace had some interesting mutual appreciation exchanges during their half-time show.
I said this as a joke to somebody on Saturday. It would be hilarious

I still feel bad for Rickea. I’m glad we got her, but I was imagining her being on that Texas team when they were playing NC State. She deserved a deep run in that tournament.

I see so many of my Facebook friends who are new to WCB and they salivate over Reese, Clark, Paige, and a lot of other players, but never Rickea! It would make me upset because Rickea deserved her flowers! I guarantee she would’ve been more of a household name had she gotten the publicity from a deep tournament run! It was already a travesty they didn’t make the girl an All-American!
All of this. Rickea on this years Texas team (without a injured Rori Harmon is my top pick for the natty.) Rickea minus Rori is still a lock for the FF.

She’s easily the best player after Caitlin Clark, imo.

I like Harmon, definitely an up and comer. My question does she have any WNBA experience. I know she has experience at Iowa as an assistant.

This had to be done. Proud of DW for making the tough call. And it was a TOUGH CALL!!!
Speculations on who till be the replacement?? Some good one's out there.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!
You forgot to post a list. Some dill weeds on Here want to see your list. I’m don’t need to see a sit. But the dillweeds who read this and know what im Talking about will respond because I’ve dealt with them already. But on a serious note. Touch choice but the right choice.

Reactions: Lurker and Ratvol
I still feel bad for Rickea. I’m glad we got her, but I was imagining her being on that Texas team when they were playing NC State. She deserved deep run in that tournament.

I see so many of my Facebook friends who are new to WCB and they salivate over Reese, Clark, Paige, and a lot of other players, but never Rickea! It would make me upset because Rickea deserved her flowers! I guarantee she would’ve been more of a household name had she gotten the publicity from a deep tournament run! It was already a travesty they didn’t make the girl an All-American!
Her whole career was a series of unfortunate events, some definitely her fault, many others not. From covid to coaches leaving to coaches with life threatening illnesses, to coaches who brought in the Hayes plague, to personal issues to serious injury, Rickea's career has been a movie. And through the whole thing, she just kept scoring.

I feel the same when I watch the other "All Americans". She's as good or better than every single one. But so much of that isn't actually based on who's the best player. She'll be drafted high of course, but will be on a truly crappy team for a while. But hopefully someday she'll actually be able to experience winning something.

You forgot to post a list. Some dill weeds on Here want to see your list. I’m don’t need to see a sit. But the dillweeds who read this and know what im Talking about will respond because I’ve dealt with them already. But on a serious note. Touch choice but the right choice.
Supplying a list is above my pay grade. That's Danny White's job.

No it isn't. Football drives the economic bus here....

Its important for several reasons but these don't register the same for obviou$ rea$on$..
Yea I don't know what people are talking about with this one. It's a huge hire for sure, but the money behind football is not even a comparison.

Reactions: Ratvol
Kellie ran the program with class. To some extent I think she was the victim of bad luck (missed officiating calls, missed free throws and a lucky shot). I hate this was the outcome - hope what so many of you wished for doesn't turn out worse than what we had. We were not a mediocre program.

Wow.. Harper lost some tough games this season but didn't see that coming. Don't believe the UT administration would have made this move unless they had a good hire lined up. Curious like everyone else as to who it will be.

Will they go against the grain & hire a male coach? This is gonna be a hot topic across wbb!
Don’t matter as long as they win

VN Store

Back