Recruiting Football Talk VII

Santi, JJJ, Aidoo and ZZ going for a combined 17 points had nothing to do with Edey.

Aidoo- (0-4)
Santi- (0-2)
JJJ- (3-4)
ZZ- (3-12)

All that experience in big time games and they only took a combined 22 shots. That’s pathetic. None of those guys are consistent scorers. I understand your frustrations with Edey. But the fact remains is our experienced guys yet again shrunk in the biggest moments. Their fear and inability to make shots had nothing to do with how Edey was reffed. You said it yourself. Despite the bad officiating, we only lost by 6. Imagine if we had gotten even decent production out of the guys I listed. We win. So yes, our players, outside of DK, absolutely deserve blame.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying BOT.

(We went to my aunt's house after church and I had to DVR the game. I just finished watching it)

Aidoo was an empty jersey. I was most disappointed in him.
Santi's shots were still off, which was expected.
JJJ could have shot more. He actually looked really good in the 1st half.
ZZ looked tired in the 2nd half.
Estrella and Awaka did the best they could on Edey.
Gainey should have shot more.

We had too many non productive players today. When you add in that Purdue shot 3 times more free throws (11 FTs to 33 FTs), then it was almost impossible to win. DK is awesome and he needed help. There are not enough "assassins" on this team.

A 2:20 game time was ridiculous, especially after giving us the late game Friday night. They could have played the games at 6 and 8:30 today (with us playing the late game). I did not understand the game scheduling. It was a disadvantage.

The non fouls on Edey was not as frustrating as the non calls on the other Purdue players. (#4 pushed a TN player in the back on every rebound.) Their team was allowed to shove and push off on both sides of the court. It was most noticeable later in the 2nd half and a ref was looking at it every time. They only had 12 fouls for the game, we had 25.

If we were the true top 2 seed, we should have been in the lowest 1 seed's bracket. I get trying to have top teams in regional games but the bracket should be seeded 1-64 (snake). I would like to see them get rid of the play in games.

I really hate Purdue. They're a dirty team that has a protective layer over them by the NCAA. I don't ever want to play them again, in any sport.

Last edited:
The absolute #1 reason we lost is all the non-calls on Edey. That is a fact. I'd put #2 on ZZ being ice cold shooting the ball, but you can't escape #1. FFS. all the non-calls on Edey could easily be reasons 1-4.
#3 reason is the criminal start times for us this weekend. We didn’t get a day off between games when everyone else did. It made zero sense for us to be the early game today…or did it? Almost like we were setup to fail.

#3 reason is the criminal start times for us this weekend. We didn’t get a day off between games when everyone else did. It made zero sense for us to be the early game today…or did it? Almost like we were setup to fail.
They put Duke in the blue blood time slot. I complained about this last year, and some said to suck it up. This was worse because our game Friday night was a 10:10 local start.

We now know that the NCAA is literally an adversary to us with our lawsuit. But anymore statement about what’s best for the student athlete is a flat out lie.

I just saw that Edey dropped an F bomb on national TV and flapped his gums about Rick Barnes overlooking him. So on top of being a big goon with a slow, stiff game that succeeds only because of favoritism from the refs, he is a piece of excrement as a human being. I can't wait to watch him fail. They aren't beating UConn and he won't make it in the NBA.

What does that have to do with nobody on our team besides DK being able to score? Nothing.

What’s that got to do with despite only shooting 11 FTs, only hitting 63% of them? Nothing.

What’s that got to do with us getting crushed on the glass 47-26? Nothing.

What’s that got to do with us shooting only 38%? Nothing.

What’s that hot to do with our upperclassmen failing to show up offensively? Nothing.

What’s that got to do with us hardly attacking Edey in the lane? Nothing.

It’s just sad that you and some others boil down this loss to one thing, officiating. When the actual stats tell a completely different story. Officiating was horrendous. But that’s a small part of it.
Line by line it actually effected every part of the game.

Yes, we had a chance to win in spite of extremely generous calls for Purdue and stingy whistles for our group. That tells me with even whistles we run that game.

(We went to my aunt's house after church and I had to DVR the game. I just finished watching it)

We had too many non productive players today. When you add in that Purdue shot 3 times more free throws (11 FTs to 33 FTs), then it was almost impossible to win. DK is awesome and he needed help. There are not enough "assassins" on this team.

A 2:20 game time was ridiculous, especially after giving us the late game Friday night. They could have played the games at 6 and 8:30 today (with us playing the late game). I did not understand the game scheduling. It was a disadvantage.

The non fouls on Edey was not as frustrating as the non calls on the other Purdue players. (#4 pushed a TN player in the back on every rebound.) Their team was allowed to shove and push off on both sides of the court. It was most noticeable later in the 2nd half and a ref was looking at it every time. They only had 12 fouls for the game, we had 25.

If we were the true top 2 seed, we should have been in the lowest 1 seed's bracket. I get trying to have top teams in regional games but the bracket should be seeded 1-64 (snake). I would like to see them get rid of the play in games.

I really hate Purdue. They're a dirty team that has a protective layer over them by the NCAA. I don't ever want to play them again, in any sport.
^^^ "Like" this post @BigOrangeTrain

harry-potter-daniel-radcliffe.gif

I'm just going to say this, and doing so I am in no way implying I want Barnes gone. Exactly the opposite because I didn't think we can do any better.............. with that said Barnes' style of play makes it very difficult to win in the deeper in the tourney you go. It's hard to beat the refs and the team your playing.

The game is set up for finesse, it's just weird that they let the most physical.... And boring player in the game have his way. There were some egregious calls in this game, and 75% plus went against orange tonight. It is what it is.

I'm just going to say this, and doing so I am in no way implying I want Barnes gone. Exactly the opposite because I didn't think we can do any better.............. with that said Barnes' style of play makes it very difficult to win in the deeper in the tourney you go. It's hard to beat the refs and the team your playing.

The game is set up for finesse, it's just weird that they let the most physical.... And boring player in the game have his way. There were some egregious calls in this game, and 75% plus went against orange tonight. It is what it is.
College officiating as a whole is subpar. It’s bad live and even worse when you see the replays. It sucks coaches can’t challenge some of the most egregious miscalls.

Because people who use it as the only excuse for a loss look pathetic and need to be educated.
Yeah, but how can you NEVER have problems with officiating?

Plenty of people here have a balanced view of these games. It's not always officiating, but literally every single time anyone says anything about it, you leap to defend officiating. Or just argued against people upset about it. Your default is "someone is criticizing officiating!? Sounds like a job for BIG ORANGE TRAIN MAN! Coming to rescue you from pointing out bad officiating!

So...have you ever seen a poorly officiated game? Ever? Or do you admit that you don't have an objective view of these events because you become more concerned with "educating" us over assessing reality?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

I thought Estrella settled in and played Edey as well as I've seen anybody handle him today. That's big for down the road.

Aidoo is what he is, he does not play physical and doesn't hold up well against physicality. He was about what I expected. Awaka challenged him some but allowed him into his body way too easily.

Agree about Ziggy, I thought he looked spent especially late.

JJJ has never been a consistent guy for us. He had his flashes but always seemed up and down and just recently became too comfortable not being an alpha on the floor.

Gainey is so up and down, he's almost too emotional........ but today he left a lot on the floor.

All in all a very good year, hate it went the way it did today though.

And the officiating was definitely horrendous. I thought a few of their guys besides Edey got away with some BS fouls. And that definitely played a part in the loss. But for me, I put more blame on the other guys just not showing up. JJJ shot good. Why opt take more shots? Santi regressed so badly it’s baffling. Aidoo? I don’t know what’s happened to him. ZZ had an off night.

But here is the thing, these guys are upperclassmen. They should have been able to step it up offensively is what I am saying. I am not blaming Barnes for this one.

And the officiating was definitely horrendous. I thought a few of their guys besides Edey got away with some BS fouls. And that definitely played a part in the loss. But for me, I put more blame on the other guys just not showing up. JJJ shot good. Why opt take more shots? Santi regressed so badly it’s baffling. Aidoo? I don’t know what’s happened to him. ZZ had an off night.

But here is the thing, these guys are upperclassmen. They should have been able to step it up offensively is what I am saying. I am not blaming Barnes for this one.
Santi was still sick

Well put!dumbledore-clapping.gif

VN Store

Back