Players who did not get a fair shake

#1fulmerite

Only losers dislike winners
As I look over the posts here on VN, it seems each year we (get) players who are deemed to be program changers; some are transfers and some are HS and JUCO recruits.

Not stating any criteria but asking, who are your top three candidates of players who did not seem to get a fair shake?

For me: Joey Matthews
Harrison Bailey
Brandon Stewart (Peyton was the correct choice)

I am QB heavy on my list but, I also think had Fulmer pushed, Jerry Colquit might have gotten his Sr year back. Also, Jalen Hurd could be on this list had Jones ran the I formation.

Reactions: Volanta
As I look over the posts here on VN, it seems each year we (get) players who are deemed to be program changers; some are transfers and some are HS and JUCO recruits.

Not stating any criteria but asking, who are your top three candidates of players who did not seem to get a fair shake?

Harrison Bailey

I am QB heavy on my list but, I also think had Fulmer pushed, Jerry Colquit might have gotten his Sr year back. Also, Jalen Hurd could be on this list had Jones ran the I formation.
IIRC Jalen Hurd wanted to switch positions because he knew he didn't have a future at RB in the NFL, and Butch said too bad so sad.

Harrison Bailey

Joey Matthews? Harrison Bailey? Joey Matthews was handed the job. Performance was poor, especially with the players around him.

Jack Jones.

Lad bled orange (still does, I"m sure), and should've had a full college and potentially pro career.

One tiny problem in his spine, and it all had to end.

Lad has a huge heart, just couldn't overcome that one narrow place in his vertebrae.

Go Vols!

Apparently even he thought his talents best suited the NFL as a wr and was drafted as such.
Hard to argue one way or the other. I “think” he gets drafted earlier, hard to say where he would’ve went in the draft though.

Hard to argue one way or the other. I “think” he gets drafted earlier, hard to say where he would’ve went in the draft though.
Yeah, speculation is all we have. I personally think he had a better shot at distinguishing himself (especially if considering longevity) at receiver but as you suggest we'll never know.

A lot of you have no clue about the Jalen Hurd situation. Butch jones was hot garbage as a coach and as a human. He promised Jalen he would incorporate more formations to suit him like the power I, the I formation etc, which is why we seen those packages in our bowl game for Hurd. So he had those packages installed for the bowl game to keep him from transferring them didn’t use them once the following season. I’m not defending him quitting but still.

How did Bailey not get a fair shake? Seems like the current coaching staff got that one exactly right considering Bailey's wild success since transferring out of the program.. Clearly he wasn't up to the task. I'll never forget sitting behind some doofus at Heupel's debut game in Neyland against Bowling Green, the guy was going on and on about benching Milton and putting Bailey in, he just would not shut up.

VN Store

Back