Recruiting Football Talk VII

People think it's fun because they're winning.
How many people thought it was fun when Todd Raleigh and Dave Serrano were losing mid week games to ETSU?
I have the loved the game of baseball since I was 7. Mike Whited was the coach when I started there and we were not very good. I still went to games. I went to more when we were good in the 90s when Delmonico first got there. I have supported the team for a good, long time. I have enjoyed watching baseball for about 50 years, whippersnapper.

iu

That Doesn'T Make Sense GIF - Anchorman Ronburgundy Confused GIFs

Get on it, VN!

And I stand by that. There is a small hardcore group maybe 25% of fans that have followed TN baseball good or bad. Now that they're good, you can't get a ticket when before they used to beg people to come to conference games.

Same thing with the LV's there is a group of hardcore fans that follow them religiously, and the rest will follow if they're good and couldn't care less when they aren't. Hence why there isn't more outrage for Kelly's job.

I'm not surprised you didn't get the point though.
But, you questioned the fandom of people here. In general, I agree that more people come out when the team is good. I am not sure what the core is, but baseball has pretty strong support. I, personally, did not shoot myself after having to endure Todd Raleigh. It was a challenge, though.

And I stand by that. There is a small hardcore group maybe 25% of fans that have followed TN baseball good or bad. Now that they're good, you can't get a ticket when before they used to beg people to come to conference games.

Same thing with the LV's there is a group of hardcore fans that follow them religiously, and the rest will follow if they're good and couldn't care less when they aren't. Hence why there isn't more outrage for Kelly's job.

I'm not surprised you didn't get the point though.
I will cop to not paying much mind to LV basketball or baseball when they are bad -- I check final scores and absolutely want them to do well, but they just don't demand my attention good or bad the way football does. I have watched or listened to every football game live since 2007, including when I knew we were about to get our brains bashed in. I don't do that with other Vol sports.

Speaking only for myself, of course.

Are you an Iowa women’s basketball fan? This forum is far from what it was just a few years back, but really, Iowa women’s basketball?
Maybe you haven't noticed, but they have a generational player that's a phenom at the level of Britney Griner or Candace Parker, but in the later age of social media and she shoots like Chef.

Folks want to watch.

VN Store

Back