Tennessee Spring Practice #1

If Davis and lampley end up starting on the OL we are in trouble
They are there not because they are the most talented but they are fully grown up men, know what to do and make fewer mistakes than younger guys. They are always there when the more talented players are injured and can immediately plug in and play. I am really glad we have them. Coaches know what they are doing here.

FINGERZ!!!

THE REAL MVP OF THE OFFSEASON

Surprised to see Matthews outside and Staley in the slot. Thought it would be the other way around. Staley looks like a DOG on tape and is apparently smaller than he plays. Good luck taking the starting slot WR job from Squirrel White though...by far the best hands on the team last season...AND is the fastest VOL again until/unless someone proves different.

Coach Hype

Last edited:
Ah I forgot about Spraggins that makes me feel better. Iā€™m not really high on Lampley but he can of course get better

Played pretty good in the bowl game. Donā€™t think they would be in ā€œ trouble ā€œ if they play.

Reactions: SugarCC
LSU transfer offensive tackle Lance Heard looks every bit of the 6-foot-6 and 335 pounds heā€™s listed at. He is a mammoth individual. Heard doesnā€™t look to be carrying much bad weight either, which youā€™d expect given heā€™s spent a year in an SEC weight room already,

FINGERZ!!!

THE REAL MVP OF THE OFFSEASON

Surprised to see Matthews outside and Staley in the slot. Thought it would be the other way around. Staley looks like a DOG on tape and is apparently smaller than he plays. Good luck taking the starting slot WR job from Squirrel White though...by far the best hands on the team last season...AND is the fastest VOL again until/unless someone proves different.

Coach Hype

Coach Heupel seems much more relaxed and confident.

He also sounds like he needs his yearly allergist appointment.

Bradford Pears are the other devil's dandruff.

Ah I forgot about Spraggins that makes me feel better. Iā€™m not really high on Lampley but he can of course get better
What do you mean you forgot??
It's literally in the first paragraph of people not participating in Spring practice contact.

No, you just wanted to be negative.
Stop being lame.

LSU transfer offensive tackle Lance Heard looks every bit of the 6-foot-6 and 335 pounds heā€™s listed at. He is a mammoth individual. Heard doesnā€™t look to be carrying much bad weight either, which youā€™d expect given heā€™s spent a year in an SEC weight room already,

I'm glad he's here. But you know, he's just one player, our OL needs more like him. If he sprang an ankle or something, who is a reliable replacement/ It's OK, I don't know either. We got to start doing what Brian Kelly is doing, stockpiling big linemen. For example, they replaced Heard with a mammoth number one rated OL guy. Still, like many, I trust in Josh.

Nico does appear to have a bit more meat on him, but I think not enough. For me, the good news is that the bowl game suggested he can be elusive, except when getting sacked. Sigh, so getting a clear thunk and crack hit on him might not be easy. Just the same, being long and lanky as a QB might not be a good thing in the SEC. I don't want to see hm as the stick in a shish kabob. Well, we will see. The OL has been quite decent yearly since the Heup & Co. came. And Nic just might turn out to be another quick release Aaron Rodgers. Can't wait until the dog and my cracked crystal ball are back on speaking terms and let me know what their season prediction is. Currently, the crystal ball is still fuming. Phantom tried playing with it and got slobber all over it. The ball has been pizzed ever since so far.

If Davis and lampley end up starting on the OL we are in trouble
Why? In your mind it is impossible for them to improve? In reality, Spraggins will probably be the starter come spring, but Dayne Davis has had a good number of really good reps at guard. Lampley have had several good reps as well. Let's hope that the actual offensive gurus associated with our program make their own determinations.

Not necessarily I think Davis could be serviceable, but I think Sham will take over before too long well, I hope so anyway
Why are you so dismissive of a player. Are you seriously saying that if these two play well, you still want someone else to play. What is that desire based on?

ā€Routes on Airā€¦.ā€. That has to be the dumbest description of throw and catch that has ever been developed. When baseball players are throwing, warming up, at practice or before a game, whatā€™s that called - ā€œInfielding or Outfielding on air?ā€ No - itā€™s warming up. Thatā€™s all ā€œroutes on airā€ are - they are warm up. Why not just say ā€œThe QBs and Receivers looked sharp while warming up prior to actually running routes.ā€ Clever is not always clever. Just call it what it is - they are warming Up. Now, Iā€™m going to the driving range to ā€œgolf on airā€ while waiting to actually play golf. Then Iā€™m going to have some ā€œbourbon on airā€ while Iā€™m waiting for a good wine with dinner. And then Iā€™m going toā€watch TV on airā€ while Iā€™m waiting to watch the last episode of Masters of the Airā€¦. And that was really in/on the airā€¦. And yes, get off my lawn while youā€™re at it! GBO!

It sounds like the OL is going to be a work in progress.
4 starters are likely nailed down. LG is prob up for grabs. Everything else is depth imo. Hopefully some of those other guys take a couple steps forward and can provide quality depth and be ready to step in when injuries occur.

VN Store

Back