Official Game Thread - SECT: Friday, 1pm (ESPN) vs. MSU

They've had a week to rest and are 18-22 year old athletes. Can't blame this one on fatigue. We just got punked today.
They got punked 2 times in the last week , I am not blaming this on fatigue. I blame it on lack of recruiting shooters. But Barnes teams always looks gassed at tourney time.

We got out of Nashville with no injuries, just bruised egos. Regroup and move on. No one was ever going to judge this team based on what they did in the SECT
Playing for pride, hanging another banner, getting a better seed. All of those are things to remember. A Final Four appearance is the only thing better than an SEC Tournament Championship

so they got tired out in practice. One would think Barnes would chage up practice toward the end of the year. That when it seems his teams always runs out of gas or looks gassed come tourney time
It has been said that Barnes has a history of runnning too hard of practices towards the end of the season and wearing players out.

I will stay with what I have thought all along:

1. So much depends on matchups and shooting. If UT gets some good matchups and gets on a hot streak shooting the ball, they will be ok in the tournament.

2. Sweet 16 is the ceiling.

I agree but think sweet 16 is the floor.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
This team is good enough to get to the elite 8 or better but when they are as bad as they were today, we could lose in round 2.

so they got tired out in practice. One would think Barnes would chage up practice toward the end of the year. That when it seems his teams always runs out of gas or looks gassed come tourney time
After 40 years of his teams flaming out in the post-season, you’d think he’d try a different approach.

Reactions: tnvols72
Playing for pride, hanging another banner, getting a better seed. All of those are things to remember.

And none of those things matter to this fan base. It’s always what we don’t do in the big dance. It’s funny to see the same folks who spent the last week on here arguing that losing early and getting rest was the best case scenario for TN… now say the season is over bc we didn’t win the SECT

What's y'all's thoughts on tourney expectations now?
I am not the type of person to call for a coaches job but this team should AT LEAST win two tourney games. If CRB fails to do that, then Danny White needs to take a hard look at the direction of the BBALL program under Rick. I have seen enough early exits from UT basketball teams that should have advanced further than they did. Sorry, kind of pizzed off right now.

VN Store

Back