1 second left and you don't offer any defense?

Holy Mackerel! Why was Key standing in the paint when her man is at the top of the key? I can take losing to a better team but I cannot take losing because of stupidity!!:mad:
I still think it was "rigged" because who on earth as a player or coach would leave a collegiate female basketball player at any school that wide open ....and then Cardoso's family was in attendance to see her for the first time all year the announcers said. Then the game was held in Greenville Sc...rigged in my book

Dawn Staley said she would not have guarded Cordoso from the 3 either. So….
Yeah, Stanley wasn't going to say anything about KJH. Coaches don't (shouldn't) do that. However, I am a coach for girls BBall and not near the level to be in the SEC and I would have been playing deny in all players. Make it difficult for 1 second.

That's true if it's the beginning of the quarter but not with 1 second
Dawn Staley said she would not have guarded Cordoso from the 3 either. So….
That's true if it's the beginning of the quarter but no true up 2 with 1 second remaining. It's no excuse not to guard all 4 players when you have 5

I agree on BYU, but I don’t think she’s lying today. A 4th year center who has never made a 3. If Key fouled her, fans would be saying “why would we guard Cordoso from the 3, she’s never made one.”
I just don’t believe that and think she’s being diplomatic. I think it’s coach speak. I don’t think there is any way she wouldn’t have every player accounted for no matter what. My response to “she’s never made one” would be “there is a first time for everything and I am not gonna be the first time”.

Reactions: TN1111 and BisonVol
I agree on BYU, but I don’t think she’s lying today. A 4th year center who has never made a 3. If Key fouled her, fans would be saying “why would we guard Cordoso from the 3, she’s never made one.”

She's as truthful as when Saban said Dooley and Pruitt were doing good jobs.

Staley said that for same reasons Saban said it - they don't want TN to hire someone competent...

I just don’t believe that and think she’s being diplomatic. I think it’s coach speak. I don’t think there is any way she wouldn’t have every player accounted for no matter what. My response to “she’s never made one” would be “there is a first time for everything and I am not gonna be the first time”.
She saw her wide open and signaled for it to go to her. She was thrilled no one was guarding a three attempt, I'm sure

Here’s another take…. If the roles were flipped and we threw the ball to Key and she missed it….. People would be equally as mad saying KJH messed up. It’s theoretical but I have no doubts about it. Fickle.
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but I’m pretty sure you’re not doing a good job of it.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but I’m pretty sure you’re not doing a good job of it.
The point I’m making is people are hanging on the result and not the decision/ probability. If the ball is 2 inches to the left, people would have said it was a bad decision to throw to Cordoso for a 3. I feel like that’s pretty self explanatory.

Reactions: brittannica
Here’s another take…. If the roles were flipped and we threw the ball to Key and she missed it….. People would be equally as mad saying KJH messed up. It’s theoretical but I have no doubts about it. Fickle.

That hypothetical situation is irrelevant. The fact is that an elementary coaching mistake was made by a head coach who has already earned plenty of criticism this season. It was coaching malpractice. No need to try and paint it as anything else.

The point I’m making is people are hanging on the result and not the decision/ probability. If the ball is 2 inches to the left, people would have said it was a bad decision to throw to Cordoso for a 3. I feel like that’s pretty self explanatory.

The problem people have is that there was no attempt whatsoever to guard the shooter. It doesn’t matter if she hasn’t made one her whole life. In that situation where you know she has to catch and shoot, it’s asinine not to contest the shot.

As far as probability goes, the probability of her making a contested shot is far less than her making a shot where no one is within eight yards of her.

VN Store

Back