Recruiting Football Talk VII

I have heard that childbirth is the most painful thing anyone can experience.

Not sure that I believe that because I don't remember anything hurting much when I was born.
I had a patient who told me that she had given birt to a 10 lb baby, passed a huge kidney stone, and had a hip dislocation at different times in her life.

She said that the would rather deliver the baby and pass the kidney stone simultaneously rather than experience the hip dislocation pain again. 😳

Edey's game is bullying his way to the basket with his size. He has slow feet and no jump shot. If he didn't have the size, he would be outmatched against most D1 players. If Knecht was 7" shorter, he would be similar to Vescovi's height. He would still have his jump shot and ability to create.

Edey is good because of his size. Knecht is good.
If Edey was 7" shorter he'd be lighter and more mobile. He'd have a different game and set of tools. Idk if he would be objectively better or worse. In a vacuum one can speculate that he'd be the exact same player with the exact same tools just shorter, but he probably wouldn't. It's the reason you don't have 7'4" guys with the mobility and athleticism of Awaka for example. The difficulty of motion is like exponential at that point.

It's all just pointless conjecture anyways. Edey has improved his game this year and his size is absolutely an advantage. I don't think a single one of us wouldn't want him playing for the Vols.

I think Knecht is the most exciting player in the game but Edey is going to win it because of the stats he's putting up. Knecht doesn't have the all around stats to challenge like others mentioned. He's a bad defender and average at rebounding. If Edey had gone pro last year, Knecht would be the favorite to win.

assuming in the next yr? final 4 because I’m not sure it'll ever happen again in my lifetime.

Heup should have us in the conversation for the CFP moving forward for the next 2 decades if everything works out. Barnes is almost done and no guarantee we replace him with a coach that keeps us at this level. We likely don’t.

Winning the CWS would be nice but baseball doesn’t pay the bills.
Beautiful answer 🤝

This won't be our last hurrah, not the way Barnes has built our program pedigree up.

But this could be Barnes's best shot and he damn well deserves it. I hope we get it for him and Santi and JJJ. Those guys poured 5+ years into UT and I hope they break multiple ceilings on their way out.

First ever 1-seed is just one ceiling and that could be put to bed tonight.

Didn't watch this live, but it seemed lopsided.

Just brutal

The fight should've been stopped after he dropped him literally moments before this. Dude had no clue where he was or what he was doing. Even the commentators were saying "he's done that's it" and stuff, then the ref let him step back in.

1 swing, 1 hit, didn't hardly try to defend himself. Heck of a knockout though.

Reactions: LaagerVol and DD4ME

VN Store

Back