Recruiting Football Talk VII

View attachment 618692

View attachment 618693

Going from head coach to offensive coordinator? Doesn’t make sense.

Going from sunny Southern California to dreary Columbus Ohio? Doesn’t make sense.

Taking a massive pay cut for slightly less managerial duties? Doesn’t make sense.

I. Don’t. Get it.
He was getting ready to be fired and his buyout was only 4 million so i guess he decided it was worth it to go ahead and leave.

Reactions: JacketVol
Wow, congrats to Jerry Mack. Earned this promotion. I seem to remember many considering him to be a weak link when the staff was formed. Fairly unproven at the time.

The production we got out of Small, Wright, Evans, and Sampson under his tutelage has been impressive. Each grew and got better. The NFL must really consider his technical coaching to be top-notch. This looks really good for Tennessee too imo. We're developing athletes AND coaches.

Has there been anything put out there as to why Chip Kelly is doing this? Tired of being a HC is honestly the only thing I can see as a somewhat reasonable excuse. But even then, it’s February. I feel like that’s a decision you make back in November or December.
He got the HC pay for several extra months, got to enjoy winter in Los Angelos instead of Columbus, and got to screw a bunch of high schoolers into signing with UCLA before bolting right after signing day.

I mean UCLA might have grounds to sue here imo. It's no coincidence he waited until after signing day and was pulling paychecks knowing he was going to leave... leaving the university high and dry.

Has there been anything put out there as to why Chip Kelly is doing this? Tired of being a HC is honestly the only thing I can see as a somewhat reasonable excuse. But even then, it’s February. I feel like that’s a decision you make back in November or December.
He hates recruiting

He got the HC pay for several extra months, got to enjoy winter in Los Angelos instead of Columbus, and got to screw a bunch of high schoolers into signing with UCLA before bolting right after signing day.

I mean UCLA might have grounds to sue here imo. It's no coincidence he waited until after signing day and was pulling paychecks knowing he was going to leave... leaving the university high and dry.
It’s definitely a dbag move. But even then, to go become the OC at OSU makes zero sense. Just feels like it came out of left field.

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back