Recruiting Football Talk VII

I just heard on 99.1 that it's a done deal.

I'm happy for Jerry Mack and he will be missed. Tyler/Will said he had 3 kids, so moving on to the NFL will free up some time, because he doesn't have to recruit anymore. It makes sense and it looks good that Heupel's assistants are desired by the NFL. Good luck, Coach Mack!

On the bright side........

It's coach search season on VN!

GBO
Night shift, activate!

Who the heck cares? All that matters is where you end the Dance, not where you start it.

The fact is...we are going to lose a few more games...that last stretch is brutal, so everybody might as well gird their loins...if it does happen that we win big down the stretch...then that is awesome, but it doesn't matter a dang to me.

All that matters is how we play in the Tournament...if we play our best, then we have as good a chance as anybody to win it whether we lose 5-6 or 7-8 going in.
I've seen us squander golden opportunities, I've seen us surprise people, I've seen the "region of death" turn into a red carpet, I've seen sweet situations turn terrible quick.

I'll say this - I wouldn't be a good bird, because I don't give a damn about seeds

Last edited:
I’m here for it. Screw the NCAA.

Remember when they witnessed an institution create a fake curriculum for student athletes and said nothing to see here?
Sadly, (if you're talking UNC) they went as far as they could under their own rules. They attempted to push for penalties and LOIC, but lost.

The crux was that UNC offered these sketchy courses to any and all. It wasn't just for SAs. So, no proven special treatment for athletes...wink wink (which is what the NCAA looks at). The NCAA hasn't traditionally regulated the academic rigidty of its member universities. See: Auburn case.

Maybe a smart ploy by UNC...and (contrary to most beliefs) the NCAA not having enough rules to umbrella such a situation. They were caught without the power and jurisdiction.

Sadly, (if you're talking UNC) they went as far as they could under their own rules. They attempted to push for penalties and LOIC, but lost.

The crux was that UNC offered these sketchy courses to any and all. It wasn't just for SAs. So, no special treatment for athletes (which is what the NCAA looks at). The NCAA hasn't traditionally regulated the academic rigidty of its member universities. See: Auburn case.

Maybe a smart ploy by UNC...and (contrary to most beliefs) the NCAA not having enough rules to umbrella such a situation. They were caught without the power and jurisdiction.
You're correct.

To the other person's general point, it is insane to think that the NCAA would say "is that a picture of Nico on a plane?" after seeing literally hundreds of pictures of Bama players with new Dodges and never give it a second look.

You're correct.

To the other person's general point, it is insane to think that the NCAA would say "is that a picture of Nico on a plane?" after seeing literally hundreds of pictures of Bama players with new Dodges and never give it a second look.
Wouldnt you think that would at least incur an investigation or an inquiry?
Selective prosecution.

I've seen us squander golden opportunities, I've seen us surprise people, I've seen the "region of death" turn into a red carpet, I've seen sweet situations turn terrible quick.

I'll say this - I wouldn't be a good bird, because I don't give a damn about seeds
🤣 There's only one BigSteve.

Reactions: BigSteve09

The crux was that UNC offered these sketchy courses to any and all. It wasn't just for SAs. So, no proven special treatment for athletes...wink wink (which is what the NCAA looks at). The NCAA hasn't traditionally regulated the academic rigidty of its member universities. See: Auburn case.

The UNC case is kinda the same as ours in a sense. The ncaa has no power in regards to NIL like they have no power in academics…

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Nah. The NCAA welcomed the excuse. "As far as they could go" (as you claim) is some of their "Michigan" football and "Kansas" basketball tripe for the gullible.

They can go as far as they want. They've now demonstrated in deed that if all else failed, they could have changed the rules after the fact and voted in a secret meeting that the presumption of innocence was now dead and subject UNC to the presumption of guilt. Don't stan for them.

I just heard on 99.1 that it's a done deal.

I'm happy for Jerry Mack and he will be missed. Tyler/Will said he had 3 kids, so moving on to the NFL will free up some time, because he doesn't have to recruit anymore. It makes sense and it looks good that Heupel's assistants are desired by the NFL. Good luck, Coach Mack!

On the bright side........

It's coach search season on VN!

GBO

Any of you local morans out at McGhee/Tyson tracking planes yet? ✈️

VN Store

Back