Elon Musk is either brave or stupid

Imagine overpaying for Twitter, cratering its value and blaming the Jews, and then your sycophants call you "brave" for it lol. Pretty good gig

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

A federal judge has thrown out Elon Musk’s pay package as CEO of Tesla, on the grounds that Musk made so much money it was “unfair.” Instead, the judge says that Musk should have worked for free the past five years.

Elon Musk has increased the value of Tesla by more than ten times since he entered into the pay package. He is by a country mile the most successful CEO in America, and it’s impossible to imagine Tesla succeeding as it has without Musk helming it. Tesla shareholders, even when Musk and his brother were excluded, easily approved the pay package.

It’s increasingly obvious that the US court system only exists to attack political enemies under the guise of the law.

Teslaconomics
@Teslaconomics
·
2h
A Delaware judge just retroactively voided Elon’s $55B Tesla pay package from 2018 where shareholders voted in favor for it, all milestones were hit, and Tesla stock is up 800% since then? This is really f----n insane, people will definitely not be incorporating its companies in Delaware, let alone in America if this holds. Today is a dark day for America…

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
4h
Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware

If shareholders are OK with it, govt should stay out...
Actually shareholders were not OK with it as it was shareholders who brought the lawsuit. However I do agree that gov't should stay out of it. They sure ought to move out of Delaware

lol

It's the ADL's fault that Musk is totally toxic. Sure, man. When advertisers started quiet-quitting for very obvious reasons that have nothing to do with the ADL, he literally threatened to get the Musk fanboy mob after them. Imagine trolling non-stop for months and months, and then putting out an explicit threat against advertisers, and then blaming the ADL for a 60% drop in advertising revenue.

“Totally toxic”, lmfao

Actually shareholders were not OK with it as it was shareholders who brought the lawsuit. However I do agree that gov't should stay out of it. They sure ought to move out of Delaware

Actually shareholders were OK with it. It was approved even without factoring in Musk's ownership of the Company....

The suit was brought by the small minority of shareholders who voted against his pay....

Let's say a shareholder brings up an ESG and DEI initiative. A large majority of the shareholders vote against it. The shareholders who brought the initiatives up sue and a judge forces the Company to implement the DEI and ESG initiatives. We would have a problem, right?

KanekoaTheGreat
@KanekoaTheGreat

Judge Kathaleen McCormick rescinded Elon Musk's $55 billion Tesla compensation package, overturning the company's board and 80% of its shareholders.

McCormick also ruled against @elonmusk during his Twitter acquisition.

Before becoming the head of the Delaware Chancery Court, McCormick worked at a Delaware law firm called Young Conaway.

This firm and its employees have been major donors to President Joe Biden for decades.

In 2016, Hunter Biden hosted a gubernatorial campaign event for Congressman John Carney, with then-Vice President Joe Biden as the guest speaker.

This event took place at the Law Offices of Young Conaway in Wilmington, Delaware.

Carney, a close friend of Joe Biden for the last four decades, later became governor and nominated Kathaleen McCormick, a partner at Young Conaway, to her position on the Delaware Chancery Court.

In a March 2018 email, Hunter Biden claimed to personally know every judge on the Delaware Chancery Court while threatening legal action against his Chinese business partners.

"I will bring the suit in the Chancery court in Delaware - which as you know is my home state and I am privileged to have worked with and know every judge on the chancery court."

After Elon Musk purchased Twitter with the stated goal of restoring free-speech, President Biden called for a federal investigation into Musk on the podium at the White House.

Following this, the Biden Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and Federal Trade Commission initiated legal actions and investigations against Tesla, SpaceX, and X.

This recent decision by Judge McCormick, who worked with Biden's top donors and was nominated by Biden's close friend, to override Tesla's board and the majority of its shareholders is another clear example of the Biden administration and its allies weaponizing the American legal system against their political opponents.

Last edited:
The government (or court system) should not tell a private business how much it should pay its executives...
Ever. Never.

Period.

Actually shareholders were OK with it. It was approved even without factoring in Musk's ownership of the Company....

The suit was brought by the small minority of shareholders who voted against his pay....
Pesky little facts. 80% of shareholders approved. 80. %.

Maybe I'm not understanding what has happened, but the shareholders agreed to a contract that would be enforced by the courts and now the courts are enforcing it. It could have been a non-government arbitrator, but there has to be somebody to enforce the contract when there are disputes between shareholders.

“Totally toxic”, lmfao

IDK why I'm responding to you. I guess I want to introduce you to reality. You are laughing at the idea that I would judge Musk as "totally toxic" but what matters is the general perception by the world that he is "totally toxic" which is completely true and self-evident, hence the advertiser problem.

But LYFAO at something that is 100% true because you got nothing else.

IDK why I'm responding to you. I guess I want to introduce you to reality. You are laughing at the idea that I would judge Musk as "totally toxic" but what matters is the general perception by the world that he is "totally toxic" which is completely true and self-evident, hence the advertiser problem.

But LYFAO at something that is 100% true because you got nothing else.

I’m laughing because it sounds like something a teenage girl would say.

“He’s like totally toxic!”

Maybe I'm not understanding what has happened, but the shareholders agreed to a contract that would be enforced by the courts and now the courts are enforcing it. It could have been a non-government arbitrator, but there has to be somebody to enforce the contract when there are disputes between shareholders.
I am late to the party. Reading this thread my take is shareholders agreed to compensation and it was put in contract. A small, disgruntle group of shareholders have pursued a legal remedy and the judge has not enforced but re-written the contract. If this an accurate summary?

I am late to the party. Reading this thread my take is shareholders agreed to compensation and it was put in contract. A small, disgruntle group of shareholders have pursued a legal remedy and the judge has not enforced but re-written the contract. If this an accurate summary?

I assume at some point they gave the courts an in. If there is no basis for this in their bylaws, then it's definitely an overreach

I assume at some point they gave the courts an in. If there is no basis for this in their bylaws, then it's definitely an overreach
is the "they" in your first sentence, the shareholders? lawyers drafting the contract?, or the small group who filed a lawsuit?
If it is over reach, how does that sit with you regardless of you personal feelings on Elon?

is the "they" in your first sentence, the shareholders? lawyers drafting the contract?, or the small group who filed a lawsuit?
If it is over reach, how does that sit with you regardless of you personal feelings on Elon?

Of course I'm against overreach. It doesn't matter who writes it. You are accepting it when you become a shareholder.

VN Store

Back