Status of Coach Willie Martinez

A big red flag has just went up regarding Heupel. This is not good. Especially when Bamas DB coach may be on the market soon.
I believe final decision on all staffing should be run past a 99-member panel of Vol Nation members to approve or reject Heupel's recommendation.

Only requirements are that no panel member can ever have played football before, and all supporting information must be hearsay. Also, we need to debate it for at least 20 pages, even if we all agree from the outset (unlikely, admittedly).

I think this will really help our program.

I believe final decision on all staffing should be run past a 99-member panel of Vol Nation members to approve or reject Heupel's recommendation.

Only requirements are that no panel member can ever have played football before, and all supporting information must be hearsay. Also, we need to debate it for at least 20 pages, even if we all agree from the outset (unlikely, admittedly).

I think this will really help our program.
So in your opinion fans shouldn’t have opinions. Got it. We all have to like every move our head coach makes without question right?

I have no idea if this is good news or bad news but Tennessee's pass defense was in the bottom ten of the FBS rankings in 2021 and 2022. Got better in 2023, but again, who knows if that's a trend or a blip. I hope it's a trend, and that lack of talent is the reason for those first two years of abject failure defending the pass. Guess we'll find out.

I've never been real impressed with Willie, except for his recruiting ability...he does do pretty well there. Since he's still going to be hanging around I guess, it will be interesting to see what he can do with the better talent that he's going to have this upcoming year. He hasn't had much to work with to be fair. Hopefully this isn't another year of me screaming "Turn around!" at the T.V. as a pass doinks off one of our corners helmets.

VN Store

Back