Recruiting Football Talk VII

BasketVols:

Really that's the type of game where JJJ frustrates me the most but for playing 33 minutes we needed more. He's a great player and just wasn't in it at all, not on offense or on defense. The production from the bigs wasn't great 11 rebounds, 13 points and 10 fouls, but still let Tolu nearly double them up with 23 points. Gainey comes in for 9 minutes and just throws up 5 prayers, 4 from 3 and offers nothing else so hard to watch.

My biggest complaint was the officials were just letting everything go in the 1st half... EXCEPT they called 2 quick ones on Santi and he sat all but like 5 minutes. I know he doesn't always score, but we struggle majorly when he's not on the court because of how much extra stuff he does.

Ultimately lots of things went bad, the fact that ZZ and Dalton were the only 2 players to hit from deep meant that the rest of the team went 0-11...

Better show up Saturday, Georgia is 2-0 in the SEC and hasn't lost since before Thanksgiving hopefully they're ranked and a win will be Quad 1 for us. Gotta do better than 22 in the first half though.

Last edited:
CFP titles (10 games played)
Saban (Retired) - 3
Dabo (Active) - 2
Kirby (Active) - 2

Urban (Retired) - 1
Harbaugh (Active) - 1
Orgeron (Unemployed) - 1

BCS titles (16 games played)
Saban (Retired) - 4 (1 at LSU)
Urban (Retired) - 2
Carrol (Retired) - 1
Brown (Active) - 1
Miles (Retired) - 1
Chizik (Retired) - 1
Jimbo (Unemployed) - 1
Fulmer (Retired) - 1
Bowden (Deceased) - 1
Stoops (Retired) - 1
Coker (Retired) - 1
Tressel (Retired) - 1

#1 in Final AP Poll Era
Osborne (Retired) - 2
Bowden (Deceased) - 1
Carr (Retired) - 1
Spurrier (Retired) - 1

That's taking us back a full 30 years, oddly enough the '92 winner was Bama with Stallings coaching. I'm curious if any of the younger coaches in retirement miss it enough to return...Bob Stoops is only 63, Urban Meyer is only 59, Gene Chizik is only 62 (he's been gone the longest, but also only spent 6 years as a HC), and I'm sure Jimbo Fisher isn't done yet at just 58...although oddly enough he seems the oldest of the bunch

Not sure any NFL guys want to step into college and deal with all that recruiting adds to the plate, but I will say if you want full control it's a bit easier to get it in college than the NFL.

Edit: brain fart the BCS went for twice as long so reorganized the list to show it 😅

Last edited:
Saban (Retired) - 3
Dabo (Active) - 2
Kirby (Active) - 2

Urban (Retired) - 1
Harbaugh (Active) - 1
Orgeron (Unemployed) - 1

BCS titles (8 games played)
Saban (Retired) - 3
Urban (Retired) - 2
Miles (Retired) - 1
Chizik (Retired) - 1
Jimbo (Unemployed) - 1

#1 in Final AP Poll Era
Osborne (Retired) - 2
Carrol (Retired) - 2
Bowden (Deceased) - 2
Brown (Active) - 1
Tressel (Retired) - 1
Coker (Retired) - 1
Stoops (Retired) - 1
Fulmer (Retired) - 1
Carr (Retired) - 1
Spurrier (Retired) - 1

That's taking us back a full 30 years, oddly enough the '92 winner was Bama with Stallings coaching. I'm curious if any of the younger coaches in retirement miss it enough to return...Bob Stoops is only 63, Urban Meyer is only 59, Gene Chizik is only 62 (he's been gone the longest, but also only spent 6 years as a HC), and I'm sure Jimbo Fisher isn't done yet at just 58...although oddly enough he seems the oldest of the bunch

Not sure any NFL guys want to step into college and deal with all that recruiting adds to the plate, but I will say if you want full control it's a bit easier to get it in college than the NFL.
Fulmer won the very first BCS title game.

Saban (Retired) - 3
Dabo (Active) - 2
Kirby (Active) - 2

Urban (Retired) - 1
Harbaugh (Active) - 1
Orgeron (Unemployed) - 1

BCS titles (8 games played)
Saban (Retired) - 3
Urban (Retired) - 2
Miles (Retired) - 1
Chizik (Retired) - 1
Jimbo (Unemployed) - 1

#1 in Final AP Poll Era
Osborne (Retired) - 2
Carrol (Retired) - 2
Bowden (Deceased) - 2
Brown (Active) - 1
Tressel (Retired) - 1
Coker (Retired) - 1
Stoops (Retired) - 1
Fulmer (Retired) - 1
Carr (Retired) - 1
Spurrier (Retired) - 1

Calling it now. Ed Ogre to Bama.

Reactions: knoxvol52
This is why “win a championship or the season sucks and you shouldn’t be happy” crowd is very unserious. 3 active coaches have a NC. That’s it. And Mack’s was nearly 20 years ago.

And Harbaugh if he’s actually still a college coach

Maybe we should have 2 national championship games a year.

VN Store

Back