Recruiting Football Talk VII

9450461307fc71ea418bc52e4b77d02743d8cbef.gif

Had wondered if he got some recent health related news and that is why he is calling it a career. Do hope he’s ok.

Had wondered if he got some recent health related news and that is why he is calling it a career. Do hope he’s ok.
“They’ll hopefully have a new coach in 72 hours.” If that’s the case, I’m going to be very impressed they kept it this quiet for so long.

Yeah you gotta think it’s a multitude of things. The rigors of being a head coach in college football is tough. And doing it at 72 would be really tough. Then factor in what he has built. This isn’t like Mack Brown where winning 7 or 8 games is acceptable. I mean what it takes to keep up that level of dominance is unreal. I doubt we will see anyone else do it.

I am glad he is gone and hope Bama implodes. But hopefully Saban and his wife have a healthy retirement.

Kiffy is killing himself right now... he would die to be considered, but he already pushed all his chips in by convincing the ole miss alumni to back the Brinks truck up and pay for this upcoming class... he can't go anywhere now! LMAO...
If you think Kiffin would never do that to a team he's coaching, may I suggest you Google “Lane Kiffin Tennessee January 2010”.

Why on earth would Kirby leave GA for AL? Someone explain it to me? GA has given him everything AL would. He played there. Just to follow Saban?

No idea Soda. but..... why would anyone want to follow Saban there?

I just wouldn't be surprised by anyone.... well, other that Butch.

Kiffy is killing himself right now... he would die to be considered, but he already pushed all his chips in by convincing the ole miss alumni to back the Brinks truck up and pay for this upcoming class... he can't go anywhere now! LMAO...

Kiffin is making $9M / yr at Ole Miss. I don’t think that dude actually wants to go anywhere. No doubt he wants to be wanted tho.

Kudos to Bama if they can pull the white whale Lanning. FWIW I think he’s happy at Oregon and has everything he needs there. I think it’s more likely to be Norvell…just my 2 cents…obviously Kiffen would take it but he is further down the list.

I think Lanning is pretty good but he hasn’t actually done anything at Oregon.

VN Store

Back