Tennessee vs Iowa by position

Pink Locker Room

If you just compare talent and experience by position group here is how I see it:

QB- Deacon Hill has more experience but played poorly on the whole. Nico more talent but very little experience. PUSH

RB- Iowa has 3 experienced backs and UT is down their top 2. IOWA

WR- Besides former top 100 recruit Kaleb Brown, the hawks lack here obviously. Even in a down year for your standards you guys have a big advantage here. UT

TE- Even with two NFL players out due to injury this isn’t close. IOWA

OL- Iowa has been very inconsistent up front but has had games where they dominate on the ground. UT is beat up and down a lot of guys. PUSH

DL- UT lost Baron, but has had a better pass rush than the Hawks this year. Iowa is deeper and better against the run. Without Baron it’s IOWA.

LB- two all Americans and a 2nd team all B1G player for the hawks IOWA.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Special teams- 2023 All American punter and 2022 all American kicker IOWA

I don’t think UT is better anywhere besides receiver.

Good to see an Iowa fan has found a place to talk about his team

Jump over to our rivals board. Our free board has a good amount of traffic and we always enjoy having our SEC opponent’s fans come join during the bowl season.

If you just compare talent and experience by position group here is how I see it:

QB- Deacon Hill has more experience but played poorly on the whole. Nico more talent but very little experience. PUSH

WR- Besides former top 100 recruit Kaleb Brown, the hawks lack here obviously. Even in a down year for your standards you guys have a big advantage here. UT

OL- Iowa has been very inconsistent up front but has had games where they dominate on the ground. UT is beat up and down a lot of guys. PUSH

DL- UT lost Baron, but has had a better pass rush than the Hawks this year. Iowa is deeper and better against the run. Without Baron it’s IOWA.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Everything you said seems legit which will make it even weirder when Vols win 28-7. Life isn't fair. Lot of unknowns anymore with these bowl games with so many players are out.

DB- Lol. IOWA

By your own analysis you all are going to feel mighty deflated when the Vols beats the pig slop out of y'all.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Stopped reading after you disrespected Sampson.

DB- Lol. IOWA

I guarantee our running back Sampson is better than any back on your entire roster. You are in for a rude rude awakening my friend

DB- Lol. IOWA

WRONG!

I'm not even saying we'll win, but if you think Iowa is better everywhere but WR, you're being a homer!

We're pretty easily better at RB (our 3rd string RB better than most team's 1st string), probably O-line, and DL. Even without Baron, our DL is insanely loaded!!! Also, our special teams have been excellent.

Biggest issues for us:

* Brand new true Freshman QB. Very highly rated, but still first start against an elite defense. That's no picnic.
* Secondary. We've lost a ton of DBs to the portal and while some think we've replaced them with better players, we still won't get to see that till next season. This is going to be a makeshift DB unit for this bowl game.
* Linebacker injuries. I've not read any of the reports, so forgive me if they are returning, but we've been missing 2 of our best LBs for most of the season.
* Wide Receiver. We've landed some big recruits at WR for next season, but right now, 2 of our best WRs are injured and we've struggled at WR this season.

I think it'll be a hard-fought defensive struggle and a close game, but we'll see.

The biggest advantage you all will likely have is upper class leadership. Between the people leaving for the NFL draft, the portal, and a lost class (we're missing almost an entire draft class that would be the Junior class), we will be fielding a very young team. You all are getting us at one of our weakest points.

Last edited:
Lmao our running backs are much better than Iowa’s. We also have most of the starters on OL. I’d also take an inexperienced Nico over whatever you got starting for the Hawkeyes. I’ve seen your comments in other threads as well. You talk a lot of crap. You can kick rocks as far as I’m concerned.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Pinky is more active than 2015...but STILL a "Hawkeye Huckster" peddlin' a sleep-walkin brand of football that's about to get waxed even WORSE than JAX a few years back. Kirk needs to fire his OC kid, then himself...and move on. THAT'S the BEST thing that could happen to the Corn Munchers.

Just wait till Pierce catches ANYONE in his way...or Sampson squares up on a would-be tackler...or one of them slow white boys tries to keep up with a Flying Squirrel...

UT 35 Iowa 12 (ALL field goals)

"Position by Position"? I'll take the boys in ORANGE!

DB- Lol. IOWA

You seem really confident if you’re this confident let’s make a bet? I have cash app and Venmo

Reactions: NetworkVol

DB- Lol. IOWA

Your 4 TE’s had 8 more yards and 6 less TD’s than our 2 TE’s. If you’re missing 2 then how are you remotely better, let alone significantly better? Your 2nd leading rusher had less yards in an extra game than our 3rd string RB had. What are you looking at to come up with your “analysis”?

DB- Lol. IOWA

I think your opinion of push for the qb competition will change after about the first 10 mins of the first quarter.

Your 4 TE’s had 8 more yards and 6 less TD’s than our 2 TE’s. If you’re missing 2 then how are you remotely better, let alone significantly better? Your 2nd leading rusher had less yards in an extra game than our 3rd string RB had. What are you looking at to come up with your “analysis”?
Pulling it out of his arse

VN Store

Back