Recruiting Football Talk VII

Now, compare that to Johnson playing on a defense full of playmakers, and Beasley being on a defense where he was one of a few playmakers.

I would think playing with a defense full of playmakers would help the numbers...

The thing is people go "he started at Georgia" and it's like well...if you're good and don't have to face the additional blocks or chipping that comes with being "the best guy" on the defense you should have good numbers.

But he only had 35 tackles in 1 of his 3 seasons...

Ryan Callahan was just on Basilio. To summarize this topic he said that Tennessee was in it until the end on some big names, and we sometimes offered significantly more money, but the recruit still chose another school at the altar. Reason being that we essentially don’t have an ace closer. We need someone to help get us across that finish line more often with the biggest fish.

Again this doesn’t mean we aren’t doing well but it means we could be doing better with some changes.
I don’t want to trade the development for the sleaze who knows how to lie better.

They have a wealth of talent at that position and why he left.

I don't know why he left, but there are some young ILB who have more speed and maybe better pass coverage skills. Maybe JDJ thought he was going to see fewer snaps on passing downs in '24 and decided that was bad for his draft status.

There's a reason he is leaving one of the top programs in the for which he started. And the best he could do is Kentucky? Funny how no one else hopped on him except the grocery gang.
I would bet my house many came after him. Do you think others didn’t contact Vandergriff too? Some times they get decent players even with being Kentucky. They’re still taking that L next year no matter what.

VN Store

Back