The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

So you actually believe liberty is inalienable? It cannot be taken away?

Lol.

It's a nice narrative built up by wealthy landowners and it sounds neatly packaged and cute. Especially the property part. Then one thinks of the slaves and goes 🤔

Yes I believe liberty is inalienable and yes I believe it can be taken away, taking away liberty is what governments do. Governments do not and never has ever granted rights, it has only ever restricted or taken them away.

You obviously are not bright enough to realize it was government that allowed slavery.

Last edited:
Lmfao people are so thirsty. Guy literally got settled and sat for 9 seconds, then stood.

Gotta pledge full allegiance, full time, or else(!) we aren't all good followers of the comraderie, such as our good nationalist facscists are(!) So suspect 😏
iirc he wasnt the only one that kept his cap on though

"Inalienable" is not real. Clearly.

They are (highly) prioritized rights. Often conflicting and to be sorted and merged...in the real world in which they actually operate. They are not absolute. They couldn't function together as such.

Agree they are not granted...though de facto property as a right is very arguable.

And though feeling natural, as we perceive these as adults...existence precedes essence. You exist, then devise these comforts. From birth you do not have liberty. You are a prisoner of those bringing you up. You do not own or gain property. Life is the only certainty and even that almost feels like a circular statement, since existence is required..("my existence requires my right to exist").
WTF are you babbling about?

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
So you actually believe liberty is inalienable? It cannot be taken away?

Lol.
I told you who can take liberty away. Men are born free, it is govt or corporations (in a fascist state) or special interests that have the power to limit them.

Last edited:
Before this turned into a basketball discussion I asked this question and got no answers.

So what exactly is patriotism or defines what a patriot is and what do consider showing patriotism?
Anyone I agree with doing anything I agree with.

I think I'm a patriot too. Patriotism is championing your community. Nationalism is championing your country. I am proud to be American in the communal sense. I am proud of and thankful for the sacrifices of others who ensured our freedom. I like all of Lee Greenwood's song.

I just don't like everything the flag represents. That is all.
I really hate that one star that represents Idaho. That one pisses me off.

Reactions: n_huffhines
To me patriotism has nothing to do with loyalty or fealty to a government, I actually believe being loyal, respectful or reverent to a government is the opposite of being a patriot. Being simple and short, to me patriotism is the respect and willingness to defend individual liberty and freedom from the government (majority).

Great example. Lol.

Most countries have as much if not more free speech as we do. It's hardly a trailblazing concept in the 21st century.
Not really. It's been surprising in the last few years how much countries that are thought of as free, like UK, Australia, France, etc., do restrict speech and assembly.

Not really. It's been surprising in the last few years how much countries that are thought of as free, like UK, Australia, France, etc., do restrict speech and assembly.

I couldn't go to my gym during the pandemic, so there's that.

We don't have unfettered free speech, but we do have one of the better brands of it for sure...that being said, there is very little difference between living in the US and those countries when it comes to speech. Wouldn't change anything for the vast majority of us.

Reactions: NashVol11
Darker means more FoS.

I think people only consider speech they care about. I remember one time my buddy couldn't legally buy a bong because he called it a "bong" in the head shop and not a "water pipe." The retail worker informed us you have to use the magic word our overlords were OK with.

Screenshot_20231217-192620_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

We don't have unfettered free speech, but we do have one of the better brands of it for sure...that being said, there is very little difference between living in the US and those countries when it comes to speech. Wouldn't change anything for the vast majority of us.
And you know why there isn't much difference in 2023? It is because we are becoming more like them.

In 2023, Married With Children and Blazzing Saddles would not be greenlighted. Stop gaslighting.

Reactions: whodeycin85
And you know why there isn't much difference in 2023? It is because we are becoming more like them.

In 2023, Married With Children and Blazzing Saddles would not be greenlighted. Stop gaslighting.

A million things made today would never have been made in 1974.

100% you can make Blazing Saddles today and distribute it, you would just have trouble getting big corporations to back it, and that's their freedom of association at work.

So you dont know what freedom of speech means? That's what you just said.

Watch Sausage Party and try to regurgitate the Blazing Saddles chestnut again.

Public health measures are hardly political so that's not part of the equation.
The vast majority of us could live in Singapore and it wouldn't change anything since the vast majority of us are too apathetic to raise our voices. There are real differences in regulation of speech and assembly between us and most other countries. New Zealand comes to mind as being good too.

VN Store

Back