Recruiting Football Talk VII

HAWG_Insider
@HAWGInsider101
🚨🚨🚨🚨UPDATE ON HEAD COACH SAM PITTMAN🚨🚨🚨🚨

Per SOURCES, it's looking more and more like Coach Sam Pittman may infact remain head coach for
@RazorbackFB

I'm hearing that the boosters made a strong push for @CoachGusMalzahn but @HunterYurachek
would not allow them to control who was hired as head coach.

Also hearing that financial backing could have been a issue as well.

This situation is still fluid and can change at anytime.

TRUST. HAWG. INSIDER.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Oh they already are. He’s the talk of the NFL rn. The NFL’s official twitter page changed their bio to “in dobbs we trust” and their cover picture is him. Was watching redzone and they talked about how he’s a genius and works for NASA

Played madden last night and chose the Vikings and even in the game they called him a rocket scientist
I gotta ask... are the graphics any better than NBA2k23? Because if not, I'm starting see why people hate EA. I played NBA2k23 bc it was a free/sub game and was kinda shocked at how low rez the graphics were. It was like the players were the Sims version of themselves. IDK, I expected more given the game isn't that old but it looks like they haven't updated their graphics in a decade.

Reactions: jave36
I gotta ask... are the graphics any better than NBA2k23? Because if not, I'm starting see why people hate EA. I played NBA2k23 bc it was a free/sub game and was kinda shocked at how low rez the graphics were. It was like the players were the Sims version of themselves. IDK, I expected more given the game isn't that old but it looks like they haven't updated their graphics in a decade.
No they definitely aren’t better but depends what you were playing on… I got 2K24 on the ps5 and the graphics are probably the best sports video game I’ve played (outside of maybe The show). But madden 24 on the PS5 is on par with 2K23 on the PS4. Madden glitches and bugs a lot and the graphics are mid

Reactions: UTProf
To be fair the top tier programs historically are 8 or 9 win teams. Bama and Michigan are both historically 9-3

Exactly but I get the feeling he was just reading it negatively to be negative. The 8-4 number/average is kinda meaningless because the number of games has changed so much. Raw victories are better because at least that is a stat that you don't have to fiddle with as much (you could easily minus out playoff games as extra games to get a regular season comparison).

Also the average is effected by when you were good.... Imagine if Neyland coached in a 14 game playoff system.

Not everything had us at 8 wins. 8.7 means that 9-3 is more likely.

The vast majority of people on here and in the media had us at 9-3 or better.

Anyone who picked us to go 8-4 did so thinking we would take a step back and assumed something would go wrong and we would get beat by someone we shouldn't. Kinda sounds like a season where you don't really accomplish anything other than taking a massive step back going 7-5 or worse.

It's insane how any of you think it's unreasonable for people to not be happy going 8-4 the way we are likely going to.

But yeah whatever, 8-4 getting pasted by Mizzou is totally cool and all. I mean we are a mediocre program after all right? 8-4 is where we sit all time. No one has ever thought we are a tradition power or anything.
Yes but that's why I was being optimstic at my own 8.7 win prediction.

Fwiw that Vegas o/u has been disproven time and time again. The juice on it is incredible. It wasn't a regular 110 bet. It was something like 150/190

No they definitely aren’t better but depends what you were playing on… I got 2K24 on the ps5 and the graphics are probably the best sports video game I’ve played (outside of maybe The show). But madden 24 on the PS5 is on par with 2K23 on the PS4. Madden glitches and bugs a lot and the graphics are mid

I was playing on PS5. I had heard 2k24 and The Show were the only ones that looked decent but I thought I'd at least check out 2k23. I really didn't expect it to look like that on ps5 but I never got into sports games on PC and was PC only until very recently. I remember sports games from childhood and college and honestly not a ton has changed graphics wise since some early 2000 games. It's a shame too because you have racing games out there that look amazing.

I have to say that I was also surprised at unfriendly 2k23 is for new players. It def. is catering to a built-in audience that has already sunk a lot of hours into it and already know how the controls work. I don't mind difficulty in games (I've beaten Elden Ring more than once) but I was hoping for a sports game to have a filthy casuals mode (and yeah I tried rookie - controls are still complicated).

This number has went under in last 3 Denver games and 2/3 in last 3 bills games (2 for 2 the last 2)
Going back to the start of 2022, 16/25 Denver games under the number. 16/27 Buffalo games.

For 2023, 4/8 for Denver. 6/9 for Buffalo. Interesting

Last 5: 3/5 for Denver with 3 in a row. 4/5 for Buffalo (the only one that didn’t was a division game against the Pats). That puts the L5 at implied odds of going under to -235. Getting it at -115 is technically robbery

I agree in principle, but they’re not gonna bench Joe on senior day.
Nor for the bowl game. You're still shooting for 9 and some momentum after Saturday regardless.

As if playing him vs Vandy is even valuable PT...just let him play vs our 3rd stringers...

Because 8-4 is historically good. That’s my whole point. It’s nothing to be pissed about.
I think 8-4 this season is keeping pace and I said as much before the season, but it's the how we got there that kinda bums me out. Florida is garbage and we were totally outcoached and outclassed in that game. And Mizzou is a really solid team but we looked like we didn't even belong on the field with them. It was just two really disappointing losses.

VN Store

Back