Recruiting Football Talk VII

Heavy money came in on dolphins right before kick so I had to hammer (big money) the chiefs View attachment 593012
I’ve never bet against my own team but this was the closest I came. Just wasn’t enough juice for the squeeze though. I knew we weren’t going to be able to run the ball and this offense is elite when they can but we are too one dimensional right now without Achane and half of the OL out still.

Then it was: Chiefs play last week and being 15-3 after a loss + Tyreek giving them countless bulletin board material all year and especially this week = upcoming Chiefs win.

Reactions: mrMet
That's not true at all. I've said repeatedly that I hope he grows into the job. I still do. I have little to no confidence he will but that doesn't mean I hope he fails.
Thank you for saying that. It makes me feel better about it. I read too much into what you said. I’m sorry. You’re not one that I want to upset with my crazy cheerleader orange glasses Volview. I need to just stay off on game day. Then 3 more days if we lose.

I’ve never bet against my own team but this was the closest I came. Just wasn’t enough juice for the squeeze though. I knew we weren’t going to be able to run the ball and this offense is elite when they can but we are too one dimensional right now without Achane and half of the OL out still.

Then it was: Chiefs play last week and being 15-3 after a loss + Tyreek giving them countless bulletin board material all year and especially this week = upcoming Chiefs win.
I was close to betting Miami, but KC coming off a bad week, Patrick being sick. Miami getting blown out by Buffalo, I couldnt do it.

Ive been critical of Banks since he got here, but I think this is the right idea. Unless there is a clear upgrade( I would entertain a debate about Mason) I think staff continuity is key right now. One change at DB coach shouldnt hurt things too much. Now if theres a Brent Venables out there you go get him yesterday.
Yea so have I, but he’s definitely improved as well. Just needs to adjust better in game. If your gameplan isn’t working then adjust.

Yeah really disappointed I didn’t put 50 on it lol I’m a wuss tho betting

I was close to betting Miami, but KC coming off a bad week, Patrick being sick. Miami getting blown out by Buffalo, I couldnt do it.
It’s the same story as last year for my Dolphins. Offense can only go as far as the running game will take them. If teams can stop our running game allowing them to commit less to the box then they know exactly where to drop defenders to take away Tuas favorite RPO windows. When we can run the ball we are very dangerous. Both our losses so far came against top run defenses. Trending for this to be #3.

Beginning of the year the offense was healthy and they were explosive but the defense was a skeleton crew. Now the defense is healthiest it’s been but the offense is a skeleton crew. One of these weeks we will have both at the same time and we will see what we are really made of. Until then they will just have to live with the fraud talk.

Ive been critical of Banks since he got here, but I think this is the right idea. Unless there is a clear upgrade( I would entertain a debate about Mason) I think staff continuity is key right now. One change at DB coach shouldnt hurt things too much. Now if theres a Brent Venables out there you go get him yesterday.
I seriously doubt it but I wonder if we could get Jim Leonhard to come coach DB’s… Would be the perfect DC In-waiting for when Banks leaves too

Yea so have I, but he’s definitely improved as well. Just needs to adjust better in game. If your gameplan isn’t working then adjust.
I hate to admit it, because its not the type of defense I want us to have, but I think the gameplan works like the coaches want it to. I really think Heup's philosphy on defense is, you hold them to 3, ill go get 7.

I seriously doubt it but I wonder if we could get Jim Leonhard to come coach DB’s… Would be the perfect DC In-waiting for when Banks leaves too
I dont know what kind of relationship Banks has with him. If there is a change made its going to be someone Banks knows.

Ole Miss beats UGA, we beat Mizzou and UGA

Texas loses the Big 12 title game

We beat the bammers in the SEC champ.

We are the 4 seed in the playoff...or do they put a one loss Big Ten or Pac 12 team over a 2 loss SEC champion that beat UGA and Bama?

A 2-loss team has never made the CFP and I highly doubt this is the year it starts.

VN Store

Back