Recruiting Football Talk VII

Since Bison brought up UConn, and why would the SEC officials want to screw us over today...it happened in the AP game also...the officials let them get away with murder in that one to...the team has vastly improved since then, and so it didn't cause the problems that it did against AP early in the season.

I don't think they wanted us to lose against UCONN but I do believe they want to keep us down. They don't want to see a challenger to their current hierarchy. They've wanted a strong team from the west and east. That was their best chance to get two teams in the playoffs. Also, I think many underestimate the power that Saban yields. He got rules changed that he felt would hinder the Vols for goodness sake. He's ridiculously petty and resents the way he list in Neyland last year. You don't beat Saban without paying a price.
They don't want our guys to look good...they don't want us recruiting great and taking players like Nico for example away from Bama and UGA.

I couldn't enjoy the game if all I did was cry about officiating. UT can win or lose a game by 30 and the same posters would bitch and moan over the refs

Same. If all I could do after we won by dang near 60 is fume over officiating, I’d just have to find a new hobby. Just don’t see the enjoyment in that. But to each his own.

Is it prohibited for one to express his displeasure with subpar coaching? I also was racked over the coals when I said butch would never succeed here two years prior to his exit. I want the best for my Vols, when I see an obvious Achilles heel, I express my thoughts. I'm sorry if it hurts some feelings.
My feelings are fine. It’s just annoying.

I think our lack of pass rush today has more to do with UConn's 5ypc average than anything. They were getting it out quick.
That has no bearing on the fact that the officials permitted -- yet again -- our DL to be held with impunity. It's "the book" on us now: it's clear as day that every opponent knows it going in, and the early no calls give them the green light.

Same. If all I could do after we won by dang near 60 is fume over officiating, I’d just have to find a new hobby. Just don’t see the enjoyment in that. But to each his own.
You are going all out to deny what is in plain view. We all enjoyed the win even more than you did! But you are ruining your enjoyment by basically lying repeatedly about the holding. Every opponent knows that it is allowed and encouraged, even if you deny it. You are requiring responses by in effect lying about the holding, and then complaining about people responding by reiterating the facts.

I see the Bama bias. It’s been going on for years and will continue to go on as long as Saban has his racket set up in Tuscaloosa. I just think some of y’all take victimhood when it comes to officiating to a ridiculous level. When we have so many positives to take away from today’s game, it’s just exhausting how some of y’all seem to have become addicted to complaining about calls you believe the refs missed. But I digress. If that’s how you get enjoyment from a win, then do carry on.
I understand. I was with you thinking they’re human and make mistakes going both ways. Also thought it was just because I hated AL. Then I started noticing that other conferences were protecting their teams that had a chance for the playoffs. Too many millions to take a chance of not getting a team from your conference in. But the No calls in live action against AL, KY and UCon (think it was 3rd quarter when we were up by about 50)…..something is going on here.

If you’re still watching games, you’re as much a problem as I am. Viewership is why it won’t change. If you’re turning on the tv and watching games, you’re accepting the product as it is every bit as much as I am.
The last refuge of reality deniers: tHeN wHy dO wAtCh?!!

It needs to be called out. And you need to lose your obsession with denying the clear facts of the matter. Something is going on here, for sure.

That’s the point. It’s about to take away the enjoyment. Why waste your time when they’re going to make sure AL or GA go to the playoffs? Desperately hoping the expanded playoffs takes the pressure off having to get teams in the playoffs before your conference gets the millions. Also hoping TN is given a fair chance. (BTW I enjoyed every good moment our boys got today!)

What caused the big crazy reality-denier reaction here tonight was McGill showing visual evidence of repeating holding no-calls in our game today, further substantiating the SEC's well established pattern of corrupt officiating. A few people would absolutely not stop complaining all night about simple photographic evidence being presented.

The last refuge of reality deniers: tHeN wHy dO wAtCh?!!

It needs to be called out. And you need to lose your obsession with denying the clear facts of the matter. Something is going on here, for sure.
I get it. It’s no fun believing that it’s happening. Sometimes it’s just too hard to believe. My dad was stationed in Germany after WWII. His girlfriend’s mom lived right by a concentration camp. He asked her once how they could not know what was happening. She told him that they heard some things and saw some things, but they just couldn’t believe something that horrific could be happening.

I am still surprised they didn't call it back. 🤣

Baron deserved the moment after all the times he has been held with no flag this year, including today. And after the Birmingham office robbed him of the TD last time.

I think Wes meant to say that the blatant game rigging involved in TB's TD against Ole Miss being called back was one of the ways that SEC officiating was the root cause of the mustard rebellion. And that he and everyone else who pays attention was in shock that Birmingham didn't steal another touchdown from the young man.

Heup alluded elliptically to the Ole Miss game rigging also in his post-game TV interview on the field.

Are you blind?...can you really nit see our DLs getting manhandled on every pass play?...how do you explain the sudden precipitous drop in our defenses pass rush success over the last 3 games?...they went from one of the absolute best, most fearsome pass rushes in ALL of CFB to less than mediocre, even against that piece of crap scrub UConn team...please open your damn eyes man...the WHY is absolutely 1000% irrelevant....ALL that matters is that it IS absolutely happening...I don't care about explaining WHY.

Watch the damn games again and REALLY watch the LOS and the officials.
It is past the point of fans not seeing it. If they don't it is because they are clueless about the game or simply cannot take their eyes off the ball long enough to look. Anybody saying there is not cheating by officials going has achieved troll or doofus status in my book.

The officiating is horrid game wide. It moves to cheating status when they call one sided games and ignore the blatant, in your face stuff on either team. The game cleans up when they call them early and often on both. They know that and could mandate it conference and CFB wide preseason, but don't because it would hurt the handpicked elites that ESPN/ABC, CBS and FOX want for ratings and story telling hours.

But as the judiciary gets more involved things are going to change fully to the NFL model, which has become unwatchable at times. The schools are going to pay the players at the power level - its coming. The NCAA or some other entity(ies) are going to administer it and try to union scale it. Guess who will win in that? The same programs of course.

The only people who can change the direction of CFB and the SEC are the fans and I have serious doubts they ever will do what needs to be done to turn it all around. They would rather believe the fantasy.

VN Store

Back