Josh Heupel: 2-7 Vs. UF/Bama/UGA

He's making mistakes and hopefully learning from them, but given the situation he stepped into, he's done an amazing job. You don't walk into a hot mess like that and expect to run with those 3 programs out of the gate. Completely unrealistic.

This post is true folks. Now, I will say that UF2023 was a big fail, so we need to redeem that w a UGA win this year.

I get it, but it’s coaching responsibility to get your team ready to play two halves and to come out the second have with less intensity and to play conservative as to not to lose is a caution to me.
Refs didn’t help us, but we have yet to play four quarters in my opinion.
It seems we tense up and can never regain momentum when it turns.
Is it a lack of leadership? I can’t figure is out
Bama has more talent. Bama is more physical. Bama is deeper. Bama was at home. While we do have some guys who will go toe to toe with an opponent, we don't have enough of them. I'm trying to avoid calling our team soft because we do have some guys who'll punch back, but I saw a lot of guys in white with some very bad body language tonight. You can coach, scheme and go full rah/rah with your team, but if the dog doesn't have enough fight in him, no amount of coaching will put it there. We're making progress, but it's going to take more time. I know this will sound like an old man talking about football in the old days, but I truly believe a coach needs to have the time to flip the roster he has inherited before you can really know where you stand. Yeah the portal can help, but it's not foolproof. Guys in the portal are in there for a reason. It's not the panacea that many seem to believe. We're in the middle of year 3 but the NCAA episode gutted an entire recruiting class so I think it adds a bit to this roster rebuild. Heupel has made some mistakes, but he's not dealing with a full deck here. He's using smoke and mirrors and has had a lot more success than I had expected. We just played a team that has lived in the top 5 in recruiting at their place....with their refs...and had 'em down 20-7 at halftime. Just didn't match their intensity in the second half. We'll recruit and get guys in here that will have some dog in them and those type second halfs won't be so common anymore.

Last edited:
I think the days of tennessee thinking we should beat Florida Georgia and Bama all the time should be over. I know at one point it was the standard, but it’s not anymore. This ain’t the 90s

Georgia has won 40 of the last 41 games they have played.

Might want to cut Josh some slack there. I'd show a little understanding about Alabama too since they’re not exactly losing a ton and he did, you know, end a 15 year losing streak.

Last edited:
Let’s ignore the fact that 2 of those 3 have been in the running for the NC almost every year for the last decade.
Yeah, we shouldn’t even try to compete with those big bad top-level teams that were never bad when they had bad coaches.

Leave our poor millionaire coaches alone! It’s not like they can go out and get transfer linemen from other schools.
Yeah. Most transfer cause they can’t play. See the OL from Texas they got. Fla has a Bama transfer at OT. He’s their worst OL.

The result of today was already determined days ago. I know some of y’all wanna live in fantasy land and think this sport is legitimate. But it’s crooked in this conference.
Yup.

The SEC needs to ensure they have a shot at 2 teams in the playoffs (or at least one). With Georgia stumbling, they need to position Alabama as well as possible.

That's not to say that we didn't help ourselves self destruct, but I do think the refs had some calls (and no calls) that obviously impacted the trajectory and momentum of the game.

Until we become a team that is a force to be reckoned with in the entire country, we aren't going to get those calls. We honestly got some last year.

The SEC knows it benefits from having teams in the CFP. It wasn't going to deny Bama an opportunity to beat a Top 20 team and move up to the Top 10.

Again, the refs didn't cause Milton to fumble or for us to drop passes. But they did kill momentum at crucial times and made some extremely questionable calls. No team only gets one call against them all game. I don't care who you are.

Bama has more talent. Bama is more physical. Bama is deeper. Bama was at home. While we do have some guys who will go toe to toe with an opponent, we don't have enough of them. I'm trying to avoid calling our team soft because we do have some guys who'll punch back, but I saw a lot of guys in white with some very bad body language tonight. You can coach, scheme and go full rah/rah with your team, but if the dog doesn't have enough fight in him, no amount of coaching will put it there. We're making progress, but it's going to take more time. I know this will sound like an old man talking about football in the old days, but I truly believe a coach needs to have the time to flip the roster he has inherited before you can really know where you stand. Yeah the portal can help, but it's not foolproof. Guys in the portal are in there for a reason. It's not the panacea that many seem to believe. We're in the middle of year 3 but the NCAA episode gutted an entire recruiting class so I think it adds a bit to this roster rebuild. Heupel has made some mistakes, but he's not dealing with a full deck here. He's using smoke and mirrors and has had a lot more success than I had expected. We just played a team that has lives in the top 5 in recruiting at their place....with their refs...and had 'em down 20-7 at halftime. Just didn't match their intensity in the second half. We'll recruit and get guys in here that will have some dog in them and those type second halfs won't be so common anymore.
We are making progress. I saw a lot of positives, just need to finish out the rest of the year

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Yup.

The SEC needs to ensure they have a shot at 2 teams in the playoffs (or at least one). With Georgia stumbling, they need to position Alabama as well as possible.

That's not to say that we didn't help ourselves self destruct, but I do think the refs had some calls (and no calls) that obviously impacted the trajectory and momentum of the game.

Until we become a team that is a force to be reckoned with in the entire country, we aren't going to get those calls. We honestly got some last year.

The SEC knows it benefits from having teams in the CFP. It wasn't going to deny Bama an opportunity to beat a Top 20 team and move up to the Top 10.

Again, the refs didn't cause Milton to fumble or for us to drop passes. But they did kill momentum at crucial times and made some extremely questionable calls. No team only gets one call against them all game. I don't care who you are.

The most blatant hold of all time not called on their long TD pass followed by a made up call to place the ball on the 3 yard line. There’s no overcoming that level of rigged. Just not gonna happen.

I know it’s only his 3rd year but 2-6 against our big 3 opponents isnt going to cut it here.
It just so happens that 2 of our big 3 opponents have the 2 best programs in college football and Heupel took over a job that was in shambles . Tell me who else is doing a better job given the circumstances?

The most blatant hold of all time not called on their long TD pass followed by a made up call to place the ball on the 3 yard line. There’s no overcoming that level of rigged. Just not gonna happen.
Lawsuit. If it doesn’t happen our admin needs to go. Racketeering carries jail time the last time I checked, and there are some fat cats in Birmingham that need to experience that orange jumpsuit.

What other conference plays the talent we play week after week. Ohio st struggled against Penn St. I refuse to believe southern cal is good. Washington could not beat a solid Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia. Michigan would kill any top 10 team. It's the Sec championship game, not the ncaa championship game

VN Store

Back