Vols open as 9.5 favorites over A&M

We’ve only played one road game.

And we didn’t look good against a horrible team and Joe was confused out there from the noise. That’s what worries me the most, Joe used up the play clock several times and we used 3-4 timeouts because of his confusion from the noise. Two of those timeouts were right out of halftime early in the 3rd.

Vols fan deep in Aggieland. Aggie fans put all their eggs in the Alabama basket, and the bottom dropped out today. Their fans are beyond demoralized, and are expecting a butt-kicking in Knoxville next week. I hope Tennessee can deliver.
Well....who are we to let them down? Let's give em' a good old fashioned @$$ whoopin! We do owe them, after all.

Reactions: robcovol
That dropped fast. Vegas knows something. Or are they wanting more money on Tennessee?
This, I would say alot of people are betting on Texas A&M. But they may not be thinking about Tennessee's home record under Heupel. I can't remember his first year but last year Tennessee was undefeated at home and so far this year they are as well.

Reactions: Behr
I would take Huepel's recent struggles on the road into account.
A) He said THIS year. There has been only one road game this year.
B) Heupel won at LSU last year, at Pitt last year, and at Kentucky in 2021 when they were ranked and we weren’t. He also took an outmanned team to Tuscaloosa in 2021 and played with Alabama for 3 quarters.

To say Heupel has struggled on the road is just picking games that fit that narrative and ignoring those that don’t.

Last edited:
And we didn’t look good against a horrible team and Joe was confused out there from the noise. That’s what worries me the most, Joe used up the play clock several times and we used 3-4 timeouts because of his confusion from the noise. Two of those timeouts were right out of halftime early in the 3rd.
Agree. So we weren’t good in the Swamp. We never are. Had a terrible game down there, as usual.

Extrapolating that into “we aren’t good on the road” is exceedingly broad. Sample size matters. We weren’t good in the Swamp. It remains to be seen if this team is bad on the road as a whole. Still have to go to Tuscaloosa, Lexington, and Columbia.

Reactions: Orange931
A) He said THIS year. There has been only one road game this year.
B) Heupel won at LSU last year, at Pitt last year, and at Kentucky in 2021 when they were ranked and we weren’t. He also took an outmanned team to Tuscaloosa in 2021 and played with Alabama for 3 quarters.

To say Heupel has struggled on the road is just picking games that fit that narrative and ignoring those that don’t.
And I said RECENT. I understand there has only been 1 this year.

And I said RECENT. I understand there has only been 1 this year.
I know what you said. I was pointing out that the topic of discussion, which was dictated by the post I was responding to, was specifically THIS year.

Also, read Part B.

I know what you said. I was pointing out that the topic of discussion, which was dictated by the post I was responding to, was specifically THIS year.

Also, read Part B.
Ok.

And I want to take into account more than just this 1 game.

I did read part B. Those aren't the most recent road games, are they?

Instead of starting a new thread, but in keeping with the new tradition of fiddy. Ahem!

No cheerleaders, Alternative male cult leaders, $9 per Bottom-feeders - (see also Neyland conceders),

IMG_4292.jpeg

Ok.

And I want to take into account more than just this 1 game.

I did read part B. Those aren't the most recent road games, are they?
Nighthawk is all over this already, but just to point out: the Vols played 6 games away from home last year. Won 4, lost 2.

You just want to consider the 2 losses, extrapolate a general conclusion from that? Not how it works.

And I think that's Nighthawk's point.

Nighthawk is all over this already, but just to point out: the Vols played 6 games away from home last year. Won 4, lost 2.

You just want to consider the 2 losses, extrapolate a general conclusion from that? Not how it works.

And I think that's Nighthawk's point.
You changed your meff maff while I was replying. Lol.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Vols fan deep in Aggieland. Aggie fans put all their eggs in the Alabama basket, and the bottom dropped out today. Their fans are beyond demoralized, and are expecting a butt-kicking in Knoxville next week. I hope Tennessee can deliver.

Tend to agree. They laid it all on the line and it was snatched away in brutal fashion. Jimbo Fisher is 3-11 on the road at A&M in SEC matchups, minus the COVID year. Coming into a sold out, probably checkered, Neyland Stadium. They are set up for a butt whooping.

VN Store

Back