Recruiting Football Talk VII

I don’t like how much this line has moved over the past week. Seems the opposite of our game against South Carolina. I’m guessing TAMU is going to get the whistle, and Vegas is begging for the betting to go on us.
SCar got the whistle and it didn’t matter. Hopefully we can overcome that again in this game.

I don’t like how much this line has moved over the past week. Seems the opposite of our game against South Carolina. I’m guessing TAMU is going to get the whistle, and Vegas is begging for the betting to go on us.
If you go by the theory that the SEC refs work to get at least one team in the playoffs, then Georgia has Mizzou, Ole Miss and us at our house on the schedule. Unfortunately, the refs weren't kind to us the last few games so maybe they are just blind when it comes to the VOLS.

October 8, 1918

Tennessean Alvin C. York, becomes a National Hero in WW1.

On October 8, 1918, Corporal Alvin C. York and sixteen other soldiers under the command of Sergeant Bernard Early were dispatched before sunrise to take command of the Decauville railroad behind Hill 223 in the Chatel-Chehery sector of the Meuse-Argonne sector. The seventeen men, due to a misreading of their map (which was in French not English) mistakenly wound up behind enemy lines. A brief fire fight ensued which resulted in the confusion and the unexpected surrender of a superior German force to the seventeen soldiers. Once the Germans realized that the American contingent was limited, machine gunners on the hill overlooking the scene turned the gun away from the front and toward their own troops. After ordering the German soldiers to lie down, the machine gun opened fire resulting in the deaths of nine Americans, including York's best friend in the outfit, Murray Savage. Sergeant Early received seventeen bullet wounds and turned the command over to corporals Harry Parsons and William Cutting, who ordered York to silence the machine gun. York was successful and when all was said and done, nine men had captured 132 prisoners.

That York deserves credit for his heroism is without question. Unfortunately, however, his exploit has been blown out of proportion with some accounts claiming that he silenced thirty-five machine guns and captured 132 prisoners single-handedly. York never claimed that he acted alone, nor was he proud of what he did. Twenty-five Germans lay dead, and by his accounting, York was responsible for at least nine of the deaths. Only two of the seven survivors were acknowledged for their participation in the event.

1696768139289.png

If you go by the theory that the SEC refs work to get at least one team in the playoffs, then Georgia has Mizzou, Ole Miss and us at our house on the schedule. Unfortunately, the refs weren't kind to us the last few games so maybe they are just blind when it comes to the VOLS.
As I think about it, it would seem that we would get a favorable whistle this week, because the SEC needs to prop Alabama‘s record up. We all know that it is guaranteed we will have double digit penalties at Alabama. I would guess at least 4 holding calls and 3 PIs.

October 8, 1918

Tennessean Alvin C. York, becomes a National Hero in WW1.

On October 8, 1918, Corporal Alvin C. York and sixteen other soldiers under the command of Sergeant Bernard Early were dispatched before sunrise to take command of the Decauville railroad behind Hill 223 in the Chatel-Chehery sector of the Meuse-Argonne sector. The seventeen men, due to a misreading of their map (which was in French not English) mistakenly wound up behind enemy lines. A brief fire fight ensued which resulted in the confusion and the unexpected surrender of a superior German force to the seventeen soldiers. Once the Germans realized that the American contingent was limited, machine gunners on the hill overlooking the scene turned the gun away from the front and toward their own troops. After ordering the German soldiers to lie down, the machine gun opened fire resulting in the deaths of nine Americans, including York's best friend in the outfit, Murray Savage. Sergeant Early received seventeen bullet wounds and turned the command over to corporals Harry Parsons and William Cutting, who ordered York to silence the machine gun. York was successful and when all was said and done, nine men had captured 132 prisoners.

That York deserves credit for his heroism is without question. Unfortunately, however, his exploit has been blown out of proportion with some accounts claiming that he silenced thirty-five machine guns and captured 132 prisoners single-handedly. York never claimed that he acted alone, nor was he proud of what he did. Twenty-five Germans lay dead, and by his accounting, York was responsible for at least nine of the deaths. Only two of the seven survivors were acknowledged for their participation in the event.

View attachment 585364
My family hails from Fentress County…everything is named for him.

I wonder if Francis Mauigoa wants to go ahead and get his transfer started from the U after tonight's game?

UT needs some transfer O-lineman...
It would be hard to play for a coach that makes every player on offense looks stupid.

If he does stuff like run instead of kneel, imagine all the other stupid stuff he tries to pull that goes unnoticed by the fans.

I have to admit that I am not great at buying gifts for my wife. Last year for Christmas, I got her a vacuum cleaner. She said it was the last straw. She went on to add that if I get her any more stupid gifts, she is burning them. So, naturally, for her birthday, I got her a candle.

Last edited:
What happened to OSU's RB? He didn't play?
Injured and out for the game. It was announced Friday I think. Newt had Mackadoo and Jermaine Burton on the bench. He could've started Mackadoo in Henderson's place or moved Jeanty to RB and put Burton at Flex. Would've blown me out of the water. To be fair I also had Simpson from UMass on the bench which would have given me another 20pts.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back