Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I remember is the taste of the cool water. And back in those days Florida water tasted like sulphur: made for a shock on vacay when I was a kid. 😂
Yea I grew up on well water also and my father complained about having to get hot water heater either replaced or fixed every 4 or 5 years due to the limestone buildup...but the water was good you are correct ...

I am just sitting here on a Friday watching highlights of the Vols. Holy crap last season was fun.

Just finished watching the Mizzou and Vandy games - I forgot how badly we stomped them.

I mean, the track meet at Vandy was hilarious.
One thing I’ve heard a lot from media (local and regional) is how Vandy “played hard all season” and “never gave up”.

Well they sure as hell looked like they gave up against TN, especially when bowl eligibility was on the line for them….

Okay, would you scratch the Naples period? This is all in the preliminary stage. We are just planning right now.

Other than a maybe a quick meal and a stroll near the train station I wouldn’t spend much time in Naples.

So many great areas around Almalfi coast and you will get your metro city feel in Rome.

I’ve stayed in Sorrento and Postiano-both absolutely breathtaking, but if I go back I would even look at the smaller spots like Ravello and Almalfi. Also heard good things on Salerno.

One thing I’ve heard a lot from media (local and regional) is how Vandy “played hard all season” and “never gave up”.

Well they sure as hell looked like they gave up against TN, especially when bowl eligibility was on the line for them….
I mean the 4 rushing TDs all at least over 50 yards and two over 80 yards says maximum effort to me. LOL

Okay, would you scratch the Naples period? This is all in the preliminary stage. We are just planning right now.
I’ve never been, but loving pizza the way I do I’d at least make a day trip through Naples on the way to Amalfi. My wife did study abroad in Florence and she said the same thing @AppStVol is saying about Naples. Pizza is great, city isn’t.

I am just sitting here on a Friday watching highlights of the Vols. Holy crap last season was fun.

Just finished watching the Mizzou and Vandy games - I forgot how badly we stomped them.

I mean, the track meet at Vandy was hilarious.

Mizzou game was wild. They hung in there with us for about 60% of the game, then we scored about 30 unanswered on them.

When John Majors came to Atlanta on recruiting trips, we would visit a lot of recruits and he was never "likkened up" when we made those visits. He always was greatly respected by the parents of the recruits and most were eager for their sons to play for him. He signed a bunch of very good football players from Georgia and built his teams with a lot of Georgia players. I realized that fans can no longer assist in recruiting players, but he was still a very skilled recruiter.
K. So the Brent Collins thing never happened. I adored Coach Majors and point to him as remembering coaches and sports figures in general as adults…heroic and dignified. But he was a man…and we’re full of flaws. Sometimes the flaws make us more memorable and human.

I wasnt shaming Fulmer, if anything to the contrary. Who would want to walk into a busy cell phone store? If anything, I completely appreciate it. Majors and Pearl were the narcissists needing all star attention to feed their egos.
Didn’t say yours didn’t happen. Just recited my nephew’s. He’s not a Vols fan btw. My life would’ve been complete by meeting Majors and I’m sure I’d enjoy Bruce Pearl…loved every second of his time in Knoxville until the end of it.

Some of those reporter questions to Milton…geez.
Can we just stop letting anyone associated with the Sentinel into these press conferences?
I've noticed for a while. So much beginning questions with "back-up to Hendo" talk. Ask Joe about this year! Enough with the worst of the FF angles. They are out there teaching BVS. 🙄

They haven't stopped with it, first with Joe taking the high road and remaining nonchalant, then later making some subtle facial expressions. Finally yesterday he just says:

"Y'all keep trying with the little brother stuff." 😂

Last edited:
You’re coward sauce….
413aadd7-475f-41c1-a7bd-1cac1ec01f3a_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back