College Baseball Blue Bloods.

Any sort of Blueblood list should be arranged as such:

Teams with national championships. Most to least.

Teams without national championships but have been to the CWS. Most appearances to least.

Total wins by the programs.

List of most college world series appearances.

• Texas: 36
  • Miami: 25
  • Florida State: 23
  • Arizona State: 22
  • Southern California: 21
  • Oklahoma State: 20
  • Arizona: 18
  • Cal St. Fullerton: 18
  • LSU: 19
  • Stanford: 18
  • Florida: 13
  • Clemson, Mississippi State: 12
  • North Carolina and South Carolina: 11
  • Arkansas, Northern Colorado and Oklahoma: 10
  • Michigan: 8
  • Maine, Oregon St., Rice, Wichita State: 7
  • California, Georgia, Missouri, St. John’s (NY), TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Virginia, Western Michigan: 6
  • Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Penn St., Southern Illinois, UCLA, UConn, Vanderbilt: 5
Nice to have this list. Seems like above 10 visits contain the teams I would consider as Blue Bloods.

If going by Titles USC way ahead and then LSU and Texas and rounding out top five is ASU and Miami these are the goal standards for National Titles in Baseball.USC with 12 will not be caught in my lifetime.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Doesn't seem like baseball has the same "blue blood" stickiness that football and basketball have. It shifts more over time, maybe more similar to women's basketball. LSU and Miami are who immediately come to mind for me, but neither have won a title in quite some time. USC has the most titles, but none in the last 25 years, so are they really still a blue blood?
by some for their history as a top program, but some question if they should still be considered a blue blood program after the debacles of the 2009-2020 seasons. Yes, they are still blue bloods and Heupel is going to create a monster in another year or two.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
When I think of CBB bluebloods without thinking of "stats" here's my list........

Texas
LSU
USC
Oregon State
Florida State
Arizona State
Cal St. Fullerton

List of most college world series appearances.

• Texas: 36
  • Miami: 25
  • Florida State: 23
  • Arizona State: 22
  • Southern California: 21
  • Oklahoma State: 20
  • Arizona: 18
  • Cal St. Fullerton: 18
  • LSU: 19
  • Stanford: 18
  • Florida: 13
  • Clemson, Mississippi State: 12
  • North Carolina and South Carolina: 11
  • Arkansas, Northern Colorado and Oklahoma: 10
  • Michigan: 8
  • Maine, Oregon St., Rice, Wichita State: 7
  • California, Georgia, Missouri, St. John’s (NY), TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Virginia, Western Michigan: 6
  • Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Penn St., Southern Illinois, UCLA, UConn, Vanderbilt: 5

I think Stanford and up would be acceptable to label as “blue bloods”

Nice to have this list. Seems like above 10 visits contain the teams I would consider as Blue Bloods.
I would say that Texas, LSU, and Stanford are the only blue bloods who haven't fallen off. Most of the blue bloods from the 70's-00's (Miami, USC, Arizona State, FSU, Oklahoma St., CS Fullerton, Wichita St.) are dormant blue bloods who could come back (like Vol football, circa 08-20). Then you have the "new bloods" who have won a natty like Florida, S. Carolina, Arkansas, Oregon St, Vandy, UVA who have only been really dominant in the last 15 years but likely have staying power. TN can enter that group, if they win the CWS.

Thats why i said SOME love. They are becoming a great program under that coaches name i dont want to list
That same coach averages the exact same SEC record as CTV, that same coach took 9 years to get to Omaha, it took CTV 3 full seasons, it took that same coach 12 years to reach Omaha 2x, it took CTV 5 years. I'll give him credit that he's made the most of it when he gets there and if we only measure success by the last one standing then he's been the best in the SEC but there's more to it than just a national title becuase of how hard, unfair and quirky baseball is. Sully has been to Omaha nearly 2x as many times as Corbs and owns an average SEC W/L record of 2 games better than Corbs, yet doesn't seem to get the same recognition and reverence. I don't like the guy but he's fielded the most competitive program in the SEC over the last 15 years IMO.

Consider Blue Blood programs like “old money” and teams like Vanderbilt would be considered “new money”. Typically old money folks are pretty down to earth people, whereas new money folks tend to be more assholes than anything else….JMO

VN Store

Back