Olivier Nkamhoua Enters the Transfer Portal

Listening to Swain on the radio today, he said something along the lines of "if ON goes to Michigan and plays much better, that's not a reflection on this staff". How would that not be a reflection on this staff? Just taking TN out of the equation, if any player suddenly plays better after leaving one school for another, I'd think coaching probably has something to do with it.

Listening to Swain on the radio today, he said something along the lines of "if ON goes to Michigan and plays much better, that's not a reflection on this staff". How would that not be a reflection on this staff? Just taking TN out of the equation, if any player suddenly plays better after leaving one school for another, I'd think coaching probably has something to do with it.
It could just mean he’s playing on a worse team and therefore they need more from him than we did.

It could just mean he’s playing on a worse team and therefore they need more from him than we did.

If he continues playing inconsistent then that will be more of a reflection of the player than either of the coaching staffs. However, if ON shows to be more consistent at UM than TN then that tells me it is a reflection on coaching here.

If he continues playing inconsistent then that will be more of a reflection of the player than either of the coaching staffs. However, if ON shows to be more consistent at UM than TN then that tells me it is a reflection on coaching here.
Not necessarily a negative reflection on our staff. If our staff told him to move on, then it could have been the wake up call he needed to up his game

Not necessarily a negative reflection on our staff. If our staff told him to move on, then it could have been the wake up call he needed to up his game

I don’t believe for a second they told him to move on to another school while not doubting they told him to check into being a professional next year.

Michigan boards are acting like their team sucks. I saw one go so far as to say Oliver might be the best player on their team now.

He was so frustrating here. At times he looked like a all American then other times he looked completely lost. Wishing him the best

So did Michigan pay his asking price? If not, did the number come down enough that we would have kept him?
I don’t know final numbers, sounds like maybe he took a little less at Michigan because that was his choice, but that still was likely 6 figures away from anything we would’ve given him…so no, his number didn’t come down enough to keep him.

Who gives a sh!t ? I don't. ON is who he is, a player that will look like an all-american, 3 times a year, disappear for 4 or 5 games and give you 11 and 5 in 15 games. We upgraded, imo. I don't mean any disrespect, but those are facts. I will root for him, but he will do what he always does, show flashes of greatness, then disappoint. I will still always remember those Texas and Duke games, but I will always remember those 10 SEC games where he looked lost and/or disinterested, also

Not saying you’re wrong Dog, as I was one of many who commented on his poor body language and lack of hustle which I found unbelievable as an SEC starter. Then he would get interviewed and say all the right things to make me think he was fully bought into the culture of the program? I’m interested to see if a change of scenery and coaching staff has any effect on his performance.

VN Store

Back