Want welfare? Get tested

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
States consider drug tests for welfare recipients - Yahoo! News

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Want government assistance? Just say no to drugs.
Lawmakers in at least eight states want recipients of food stamps, unemployment benefits or welfare to submit to random drug testing.
Can't say how much I agree with this measure. :clapping:

Interesting addition by the state of TN that I never really considered.

Drug testing is not the only restriction envisioned for people receiving public assistance: a bill in the Tennessee Legislature would cap lottery winnings for recipients at $600.

This should be national. That octupulet mom already said her plan to support her children was "welfare." Disgusting.

This should be national. That octupulet mom already said her plan to support her children was "welfare." Disgusting.

yup, these people that "live" off welfare should have to go for 8 hours a day and sit in a box and stare at a wall, its like a job, they punch in, get their breaks and punch out, if you are gonna be using any portion of my paycheck then its not gonna be so you can sit and eat bon bons all day watchin maury povich and trying to figure out who your baby daddy is, or making more babies,

When did she say this? I must have missed it. They had so much coverage of her for awhile and she always tried to say that she was not on welfare.

yup, these people that "live" off welfare should have to go for 8 hours a day and sit in a box and stare at a wall, its like a job, they punch in, get their breaks and punch out, if you are gonna be using any portion of my paycheck then its not gonna be so you can sit and eat bon bons all day watchin maury povich and trying to figure out who your baby daddy is, or making more babies,

This and drug/alcohol testing are the best ideas I've ever heard in my life.

it'll never happen.

the "poor" in this country enjoy a special social status that gives them virtues that the rest of society doesn't have. That status makes them immune to any form of personal responsibility or accountability over their receipt of taxpayer largess.

This is a great idea. Anybody can call me out on it now, if Obama comes in and kills this somehow, I will villify him publicly and loudly for it.

I will first say that I think it is a terrific idea. However...

If anything, it would become a program where if you failed a test, they would only give you welfare if you entered some type of govt. sponsored rehab program or class. Thus, it would cost us much more taxpayer money in the long run to administer the drug tests and offer classes to those who failed.

They are simply not going to cut people with no other options off govt. funding for failing a drug test.

I will first say that I think it is a terrific idea. However...

If anything, it would become a program where if you failed a test, they would only give you welfare if you entered some type of govt. sponsored rehab program or class. Thus, it would cost us much more taxpayer money in the long run to administer the drug tests and offer classes to those who failed.

They are simply not going to cut people with no other options off govt. funding for failing a drug test.

why not? its the same as getting fired, if you are too lazy to sit in a box and do nothing, or whatever you are not productive society, we should let darwinism take over from there

I completely agree that they should, they just won't. The govt. already pays an awful lot of money on homeless people with addictions. There was an article a month or so ago in Sentinel saying that these homeless people cost about $38k a year to provide for.

That is obviously not fair considering a family could live comfortably on that amount of money for a year.

This apparently extends to the business community as well.

I like the idea.

Besides, you shouldn't be sampling the goods anyway if you want to be a good "bidnessman".

I think it's a grand idea. Is it feasible? What about the children? Who pays for it? Who monitors it?

that bill will effect about 60% of obamas supporters
So you are saying that approximately 36 million people of voting age are on welfare maybe you can give us a link to that stat or otherwise I'll just think you are spouting nonsense as usual.:)

I actually would not mind seeing it.Would it be random or how often would it be administered these tests do cost money.

VN Store

Back