2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

That’s why I said I wasn’t walking into it. Your question was too obvious. You’ll like the big too, if that keeps trending.
Nobody else picked up on it lol, I figured it would be enough though that I’d likely be able to tell if we were on the same page though. Have to admit I’m totally stumped on the big thought.

Maybe someone used to wearing orange?
I've been hoping for that for years, now. But I don't think it's him. I believe that @Stoerner Fumbles said it was someone who hasn't produced much, yet, but has outstanding potential. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember something like that.

Is the big from the ACC?

I promised not to say anything until it was in the public. Cobe entered portal, you knew already, and asked directly. That felt ok. I have to sit on the info about the big. I also don’t think he’ll be the only player they pursue depending on how the roster shapes up. He’s not a big from the ACC who wears orange, but that doesn’t rule out them taking that path, of course.

I promised not to say anything until it was in the public. Cobe entered portal, you knew already, and asked directly. That felt ok. I have to sit on the info about the big. I also don’t think he’ll be the only player they pursue depending on how the roster shapes up. He’s not a big from the ACC who wears orange, but that doesn’t rule out them taking that path, of course.
No worries, had someone say a week or so ago that staff felt they had a connection/chance with a post from ACC but that was it, so had no clue on starter or not or anything else. I’ve got a guess or two but will keep it quiet as none of them are in the portal yet.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Hell, look at Key! Everyone who is mad that we “ran off” Pember are the same ones trashing our staff for targeting and bringing in “bad” transfers. You can’t make some people happy.
Actually the main point is the staff HAS done a poor job of evaluations overall and a HORRIBLE job of building a roster with players that skill sets compliment each other AND/OR can do what Warlick-Barnes desires for them to do, how to play.

How the hell do you only have one PG?

Actually the main point is the staff HAS done a poor job of evaluations overall and a HORRIBLE job of building a roster with players that skill sets compliment each other AND/OR can do what Warlick-Barnes desires for them to do, how to play.

How the hell do you only have one PG?

I heard JJJ complimenting his teammates just the other day.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
2 completely different players, I don’t think they will strongly pursue Dunn, just mentioned him as someone there was at least some interest in. People are posting hundreds of names and there are just a few Tennessee has even slight interest in. Can also make the statement Dunn has improved his % from 0, to 18, to 30, to 35 what would it be next year?

I can understand the interest. Has the physical attributes for sure. Just wouldn't be one of my top options is all

J.J. Starling from ND is in the portal. Former 5* CG. Had a good freshman season.

Reactions: Ratvol
I don't follow basketball as closely as some of you do. Who for sure is gone from the roster after this season?

I don't follow basketball as closely as some of you do. Who for sure is gone from the roster after this season?

JJJ, Key, Vescovi, Olivier.

Phillips is a toss up right now assuming he comes back to improve his draft stock.

Dunn is an off ball, 2/3 type…the guard I was referring to is Cobe Williams who is a PG that entered the portal yesterday.

Sorry, I read the rest of the thread after posting. I was behind. I was gonna come back and edit, but you had been kind enough to answer already. Thanks for the fast response.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I have a friend who swears that Jakobi Gillespie, freshman PG at Belmont from the Knoxville area, was a miss by Tennessee. Anyone have thoughts on him? I haven’t seen him play. Usually I make it to a Belmont game or 2, but it wasn’t in the cards this year.

VN Store

Back