Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question…. I think it’s a bit of both. If we are the same again in Yr 3 I’d like to see Martinez git, possibly Banks. Garner is the piece we can’t lose. Personally, I wish we would go after Gary Patterson as DC but I know that relationship with UT is probably strained/soured a bit.

Now back to our regularly scheduled offseason topics of throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

Hubbs believes it’s because so many DBs either didn’t practice in Spring or had to practice out of position. Some were playing out of their comfort zone leading to issues. If that’s the case, and with the influx of talent, I think we could see serious improvement this year. Even if that just makes us perform in the average range in 2023 it’s better than nearly last place.

I'm going to say this about Tyson, he had the talent, strength, condition, basic skills and aggression to be the greatest. Perhaps if Cus had not been so advanced in age and had more time he could have honed Tyson's skills and focus to the next level....... Who knows?

But as it stands he was a very good to great fighter in a very bad era for heavyweight boxers. Think TCU this year only the competition in the heavyweight division was good.

Last edited:
Dude...my opinion of Mike Tyson is not unique...a lot of boxing savants that are way smarter and knowledgeable about the sport than I am feel the same way that I do about him.

Also...I'm not the only one that makes the Tyson-Joe Frazier comparison...that other Tyson slurper fanboy I was arguing with was acting like I pulled that out of my ass too.

Except Joe Frazier had twice the heart that bully Mike did.
Ali would have beat the crap out of Tyson. Tyson fought in a era where there was no competition.Tyson was a brawler, Ali was the greatest boxer that ever drew breath.

Dude...my opinion of Mike Tyson is not unique...a lot of boxing savants that are way smarter and knowledgeable about the sport than I am feel the same way that I do about him.

Also...I'm not the only one that makes the Tyson-Joe Frazier comparison...that other Tyson slurper fanboy I was arguing with was acting like I pulled that out of my ass too.

Except Joe Frazier had twice the heart that bully Mike did.
"I love you Joe Frazier." ~ M. Ali

A yankee just like Glitch.....
200w.gif

Good job Harbaugh….. tell the NCAA to suck it.

NCAA is a joke. Every team in college football has analyst and Quality Control coaching. How are young coaches suppose to learn? Butch Jones coached RBs and WRs while at Bama to free up coaches to recruit full-time. Everyone does it.
I heard of a player last year who transferred from his school because his position coach who recruited him never coached him. Analyst did all the coaching. Everyone does it. It is a joke to attack Harbaugh or anyone for it.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back