The Official #6 Tennessee vs. #7 Clemson Orange Bowl Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

That drive stopped because on 3rd down two OL just absolutely whiffed their block and then compounded it by getting downfield so Milton couldn't even throw it legally. Everything isn't always his fault.
I agree on that one. I’m just talking in general. On the previous series on 3rd down, he threw a simple throw at an open receiver’s feet and missed an easy first down to move the chains. A consistent QB makes that throw in his sleep. Guess we have to take the good with the bad. We’ve all been spoiled by Hendon. Seems like he always seemed to make the right decision.

Wow. Milton is 13-18-155 (no overthrows) and a td in the first half against a top 25 defense with 5 star talent (5th most talented team in CFB) yet the legion of the ignorant are somehow seeing that as "Milton can't play."
Agree and he does not have the talent at WR Hendo had a lot of the year. I do think it is odd we have not seen that 3rd receiver get anything. I am hoping we can get Fant more involved if the oline can block and don’t have to have his help there

Because we lack in DB talent. If they play “man” and a receiver gets behind them then they are toast. At least with them playing to keep receivers in front then the can play the ball or make a tackle.
I mean, they get behind our guys anyway. Our secondary...needs a lot of work. I'll leave it there. Hope to see the improvement next year.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
It is... but the bottom line is that they prep content that feeds every phrase they utter in a game. They do a LOT of prep work... and in the planning phase, they anticipated the first half going differently - thought Milton would choke and Kublik would shine and be a darling story. That's what they prepped, and they just don't have thoughts, phrases, stats, or musings on us or Milton... or our defense. (but... I get that one)
They need an app that just flips the names.

Reactions: RiverVol
Glad Clemson great kicker had a terrible first half. Probably will kick the game winning FG as time expires. It's the Vols way. Then Dabo can brag post game about all the confidence he had in him. Book it!!!!!

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Milton has looked great especially considering the top 2 receivers are out including the best in the country opting out. Not sure where all the negative Milton comments are coming from? The people complaining about Milton had their minds made up before kickoff.

I agree on that one. I’m just talking in general. On the previous series on 3rd down, he threw a simple throw at an open receiver’s feet and missed an easy first down to move the chains. A consistent QB makes that throw in his sleep. Guess we have to take the good with the bad. We’ve all been spoiled by Hendon. Seems like he always seemed to make the right decision.

That's literally the only bad throw he had in the first half. The play before he was on the money to Keaton who got interfered with.

Agree and he does not have the talent at WR Hendo had a lot of the year. I do think it is odd we have not seen that 3rd receiver get anything. I am hoping we can get Fant more involved if the oline can block and don’t have to have his help there
I need to see a few throws to the TE for sure.

Reactions: crawdaddyjc

VN Store

Back