Most under-rated Vol

I figured you'd go with BJ Coleman. You still breaking down tape of him?

Hilarious.

Anyway, I'm going to have to go with Rick Clausen.. I don't know how you guys haven't brought him up.. he did lead this team to the SEC Championship game that one year everyone got hurt! He wasn't good but he had heart!

in recent history, i don't think rashad baker gets enough credit. nobody ever talks about him much, but i thought he was a very good safety.

I liked Julian Battle better. Rashad was a guy that really hurt his draft stock by coming back for his senior year.

Reggie White - He was given a scholarship only to be a room mate to another kid from Howard High School in Chatt (don't remember his name) who left school as a sophmore. And the rest is History - only the greatest lineman in NFL history.

Billy Ratliff, JJ McCleskey, Craig Faulkner, Greg Amsler, Jason Parker, Fred White, Shawn Bryson, Chad Clifton, Spencer Riley, Nilo Silvan, Raymond Austin

Some great names on this list. I agree with Duff, what ratliff did when healthy was amazing. I felt sorry for him with all the injuries. White could hit almost like Berry and JJ was all of 145 pounds with pencil legs.

Andy Kelly! Man that comeback win at Notre Dame was epic. He also held a lot of the Tennessee passing records prior to Peyton

Hilarious.

Anyway, I'm going to have to go with Rick Clausen.. I don't know how you guys haven't brought him up.. he did lead this team to the SEC Championship game that one year everyone got hurt! He wasn't good but he had heart!

i've read that rick clausen threatened to quit the team after he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted. if true, that alone makes him one of my least favorite qbs in the last 20-25 years.

Last edited:
Reggie White - He was given a scholarship only to be a room mate to another kid from Howard High School in Chatt (don't remember his name) who left school as a sophmore. And the rest is History - only the greatest lineman in NFL history.

:no: There is absolutely NO WAY that this is true. Reggie White was a heralded football AND basketball star from Chattanooga Howard. Bringing him in as a "roomate"? What is THAT??

VN Store

Back